Opinion Rigid Jointer

Looking at the model JP0610 w/ the 20% off at HD making it $319+tax. I'm a hobbiest but will probably build some kitchen cabinets and who knows what all else. I seldom ask for opinions but am curious what others think of it. One review in Epinions and its a 5.
Thought the sale was portable power tools only?
Brian.
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

No sir, Power Tools e todo. People are buying stuff here like it was a fire sale.
Brian wrote:

I've had mine for almost a year now and use it on every project I work on. It works just as good as the Jet that my father-in-law has so I can't complain.
The only complaint I have is the shape of the base since it doesn't go straight down but flares out in a triangle shape. I want to put a mobile base under it but not sure how stable it will be. It's not too big of a deal to pull it out by lifting each end one at a time.
John
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

Thanks, I bit the bullet and bought it. I'm stoked and ready for summer so I can build more stuff<G>. Saved $150 between the BT3100 and the Jointer I just bought - WhooHoo!