Opinion on Delta and Ryobi

    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

48-11-????

You will probably have to use the 48-11-0200 1.7Ah Super tough version of that battery unless you settle for old stock it's still the same format just a better battery when it first replaced the 1.4Ah 0140 it was only about $10 more. There is also a more recent 48-11-0250 2Ah Super tough II for about another $10 more & even a 2.5Ah fat pack for quite a bit more.

I use the 0200's daily with mine & am seeing much improved performance, I also replaced my worn motor & upgraded the chuck to a 1/2" keyless (3/8 spindle) chuck.

I have 5 batteries ( three over 5 years old 0140's still going & good for light power tool housing assembly in the shop) (one 0200 about two years old good for medium drilling & screwing) & (one new 0200 that I use for really extreme demands) the drill has been used 1-2hrs a day five days a week for five or six years in our service dept, the upgraded motor & larger chuck & new Super tough battery was well worth doing. The drill has paid for it's self ten times over.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Thanks I'll look around for one of the 1.7s that should be more than enough for what I do anymore. ed

Reply to
Ed S

The current issue of Consumer Reports rates cordless drills, but Delta is not included in the lineup.

Reply to
Bob

Just my luck! :)

Does it rate the Ryobi 18V drill?