Opinion on Delta and Ryobi

Page 2 of 2
The Delta line of drills, etc. is pretty comparable to the Ryobi. My understanding is that was the target market for the line - Delta wanted to compete with Ryobi, Mastercraft and other low - middle of the line tools. Neither are a top-notch contender - but you have a budget and you need to spend accordingly.
That said - up here in Canada, the Ryobi line is limited to Home Depo. The Delta line is all over the place. If you think about battery replacement, etc., you might be better off with Delta. Check the price of replacement batteries for both, but if you're looking to get a replacement battery 2 or 3 years down the road, you might have better changes with the Delta.
Brian

Hi Brian,
I am in Canada as often as I am in US. I could only find the Delta combo pack at Rona. (not sure if they are nation wide). What other stores carry the Delta line. I might as well shop around.
Cheers!

The current issue of Consumer Reports rates cordless drills, but Delta is not included in the lineup.
Just my luck! :)
Does it rate the Ryobi 18V drill?