Reply to
CW

Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

Reply to
dadiOH

+1
Reply to
Swingman

The professional politicians and their hangers-on.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Calgary. Durant still isn't at full strength after his hip injury, and Calgary's hungry.

I'm a Riders' fan, but they just don't have it this year.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Let's see, we have an anti-American communist vs a pro-American capitalist, and we "lose either way". The contrast is fairly large even if Romney is too liberal for you, Obummer can't be "not red" enough.

If we lose either way, what would make you think we could win?

I give that answer a -4, not a + anything, regardless of your particular persuasion.

Reply to
Jack

"CW" wrote in news:jYGdnToqvIGQL8fNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Me.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

They must first get past the Giants; who are going to repeat 2010 and beat the Rangers in the series.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The only people that win in elections are candidates. As I have said before, voting gives the voter pretty much the same satisfaction and results that the red button on a squeak toy does for a one year old. Voting is merely a formality before the next in line takes over control.

Now if only those that hold office could be held accountable and voted out. And if you have no investment in the country you don't vote.

Reply to
Leon

That will be determined on the way home. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:ddG6s.3865$ snipped-for-privacy@fed02.iad:

That won't be hard. The Nationals have won five of six from the Giants this season.

Keep dreaming...

Reply to
Doug Miller

That just means that the Giants are due to win ... Timmy and Matty seem to be back in form, and Barry Zito has been impressive this year. Giants are 8-2 over the last

10 games, and the Nationals are just 5-5; the Giants can still end up with NLCS home field advantage if they keep it up. Go Dodgers (just tonight).

Dreaming would be predicting another earthquake series between the A's and the Giants.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Reply to
Mike M

snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:9rL6s.30558$ snipped-for-privacy@fed06.iad:

news:ddG6s.3865$ snipped-for-privacy@fed02.iad:

I believe that's what statisticians refer to as the Gambler's Fallacy.

Dude, look at their opponents. Seven of the Giants' last ten games, and six of those eight wins, have been against the second-worst team in the majors (the Colorado Rockies). The Nationals have been playing slightly stiffer competition.

The Giants lead their division only because they play in the weakest division in baseball. That 85-63 record would leave them in second place in either of the other divisions in the NL.

The Giants won't even reach the NLCS this year unless at least two miracles occur. The first they need is for St. Louis to beat Atlanta in the wild-card game -- that way, Washington's victim -- ummm, I mean opponent -- in the NLDS would be the Cardinals instead of the Giants. Of course, that means the Giants would need a second miracle -- beating the Reds in the NLDS -- to make it to the NLCS.

Ain't gonna happen.

The Giants are a mediocre team leading baseball's weakest division. They look good in September, sure, but look who their games have been against in the last four weeks or so: the Astros (3-0), the Cubs (2-1), the Rockies (6-1), the Diamondbacks (3-3), the Dodgers (2-

1) -- only *one* team in the lot with a record over .500. Hell, a good college team could beat the Astros, Rockies, or Cubs this year. Do the Giants have a winning record against anyone with a winning record?
Reply to
Doug Miller

Win what?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve Barker wrote in news:FM- dnTgXOKPRwcHNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It's a race between Me, Myself, and I. I'm pulling for Me, myself. I has a lot of supporters, and they usually vote positively. Soon we'll know if the I's have it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

CW wrote the following on 9/20/2012 2:04 AM (ET):

Either way, It won't be me.

Reply to
willshak