--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 9/20/2012 8:15 AM, dadiOH wrote:

+1
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 9/20/2012 9:35 AM, Swingman wrote:

Let's see, we have an anti-American communist vs a pro-American capitalist, and we "lose either way". The contrast is fairly large even if Romney is too liberal for you, Obummer can't be "not red" enough.
If we lose either way, what would make you think we could win?
I give that answer a -4, not a + anything, regardless of your particular persuasion.
--
Jack
Got Change: Supply and Demand ======> Command and Control!
On 9/20/2012 9:20 AM, Jack wrote:

The only people that win in elections are candidates. As I have said before, voting gives the voter pretty much the same satisfaction and results that the red button on a squeak toy does for a one year old. Voting is merely a formality before the next in line takes over control.
Now if only those that hold office could be held accountable and voted out. And if you have no investment in the country you don't vote.

+1
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:08:08 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

+1
And few have wised up.
On 9/21/2012 8:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

community organization. Community organization has increased the national debt by 6 trillion dollars, created the highest poverty level in decades, Unemployment has been over 8% for over 3.5 years. The federal government had become the largest employer in the country. We have a health care plan that we had to approve it before we were allowed to see what was in it and it is so convoluted we that 3 years later we still don't know. Per obama own words he has done nothing in four years because everything that happens, is someone else fault.
Mr Romney brings experience the White House. He has the ability to analyses problems and develop working solutions that will improve the situation.
We have demonstrable proof of his abilities in all of the successful profitable companies that he has assist or owns part interest, such as Toys R Us Dunkin Donuts , TWC and Clear Channel Dominos Pizza Sealy Corporation (this includes Sterns and Foster Mattress) Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
To name a few. From the list of successful companies he knows how to create jobs.
We also have evidence in his abilities to work out problems from his tax returns. If he did not have the ability to analyses problems and work out good solutions, he would not have the money he has.
He does not have to blame some one else for his failures, because they are minimal.

The problem is that only a few have wised up. Will it be enough or do we look for the bottom of the abyss?
On 09/20/2012 01:04 AM, CW wrote:

The professional politicians and their hangers-on.
Tim Daneliuk

Calgary. Durant still isn't at full strength after his hip injury, and Calgary's hungry.
I'm a Riders' fan, but they just don't have it this year.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.

They must first get past the Giants; who are going to repeat 2010 and beat the Rangers in the series.
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in

That won't be hard. The Nationals have won five of six from the Giants this season.

Keep dreaming...

That just means that the Giants are due to win ... Timmy and Matty seem to be back in form, and Barry Zito has been impressive this year. Giants are 8-2 over the last 10 games, and the Nationals are just 5-5; the Giants can still end up with NLCS home field advantage if they keep it up. Go Dodgers (just tonight).

Dreaming would be predicting another earthquake series between the A's and the Giants.
scott
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in

I believe that's what statisticians refer to as the Gambler's Fallacy.

Dude, look at their opponents. Seven of the Giants' last ten games, and six of those eight wins, have been against the second-worst team in the majors (the Colorado Rockies). The Nationals have been playing slightly stiffer competition.
The Giants lead their division only because they play in the weakest division in baseball. That 85-63 record would leave them in second place in either of the other divisions in the NL.

The Giants won't even reach the NLCS this year unless at least two miracles occur. The first they need is for St. Louis to beat Atlanta in the wild-card game -- that way, Washington's victim -- ummm, I mean opponent -- in the NLDS would be the Cardinals instead of the Giants. Of course, that means the Giants would need a second miracle -- beating the Reds in the NLDS -- to make it to the NLCS.
Ain't gonna happen.
The Giants are a mediocre team leading baseball's weakest division. They look good in September, sure, but look who their games have been against in the last four weeks or so: the Astros (3-0), the Cubs (2-1), the Rockies (6-1), the Diamondbacks (3-3), the Dodgers (2- 1) -- only *one* team in the lot with a record over .500. Hell, a good college team could beat the Astros, Rockies, or Cubs this year. Do the Giants have a winning record against anyone with a winning record?
On 9/20/2012 2:04 AM, CW wrote:

Me.
On 9/20/2012 1:04 AM, CW wrote:

That will be determined on the way home. ;~)