OOTT://In case it is important to you.

Page 4 of 9  
Upscale wrote:

Wow!
I guess that could be true as your warped little mind sees it. I don't recall you ever making any points other than innuendo and ad hominem attack, as exhibited above. The few times you actually address an issue or statement made by Tim, you simply show how sensible his argument. You are not alone either, but you are probably the worst offender. Personally, I don't mind personal attacks much, but something of substance should be said besides "you're a grandstanding liar with a delusional belief in you own grandeur"

Standing alone or in a crowd, your comments are pretty much just attacks against the man, as exhibited above. No substance at all.

Criticism of you stands alone. You make few arguments. In fact, about all you do is make Tim and others you argue with look good.
Criticism of my comments has absolutely nothing to do with you.
Considering that your posts are generally nothing more than ad hominem attacks against Tim, or whomever else you might reply against, then it could be reasonably assumed criticism of your comments are either support for Tim, or, pleas from his detractors to shut up as you make it too easy for Tim.

Nope, you do it with most everyone that disagrees with you. Personal attacks with little or no reflection on the argument presented.

You mean when you say "you're a grandstanding liar with a delusional belief in you own grandeur" thats not an ad hominem attack? Perhaps you think by saying "it's no longer necessary to argue pertinent points" you have a free card to do nothing other than make personal attacks? That's not how it works, you look even worse when you make lame excuses for having no argument. You would be better off sitting on your hands.

I'm rather certain "most everybody" sees Tim as a principled man that puts forth well written, reasonable arguments, even if they disagree with him. Those such as you that can't address his arguments with much more than personal attacks clearly show you have no other reasonable recourse. In other words, it is you that look like the clown.

Poking is easy, making a reasonable argument rather than simply a personal attack and nothing else is less so.

Not in the same pew, not in the same church, not even in the same country.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

All your comments *may* be true, but you've missed one important key concept. As well as engaging in useless bantering with Tim, I attempt to make helpful suggestions for other woodworkers, experience permitting. Even currently while taking pokes at Tim, I still contribute as can to the woodworking aspect of this newsgroop. Fell free to verify my claim.
Tim, on the other hand does not. As far back as I can see, no woodworking comments. He immerses himself in some off topic conversation and offers *zero* information about woodworking. He doesn't offer suggestions, he doesn't offer links to woodworking, he contributes absolutely nothing to the topic of conversation.
If he's not here (even partly) to contribute to woodworking, then he's here solely to troll. And that being said, I'll continue to a will, attack him, his character and any other facet of his delusional life that I see fit.
Comment Jack?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[snipped bunch of rhetoric]>

...and the smears coming from your side? Because you want to lose?
Your idea of winning is fomenting chants of "Kill HIM" during either one of your candidate's rallies without either candidate saying a word about it? I think the reason Republicans are so afraid they'll lose, is because of possible investigations which may follow re war crimes, voter fraud etc. I think the ones who want/need to win are you guys....and it ain't because it is 'country first'.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

Clue: High probability it was a plant from the opposition to get just the reaction you provided. Proof? No more proof than you have that it was a McCain supporter. However, this is a very anomalous incident -- nice to see you are on board with the main stream media meme though, it shows you absorb propaganda very well.

You are amazingly funny in a deviously twisted and deficient way. Ever heard of ACORN? hint: That "R" in "ACORN" doesn't stand for "Republican". Yeah, vote fraud exists, but it's not the Republicans committing it.
As far as the other part -- investigations, prosecutions -- that has certainly been posited by the democrats should gain power. Positively stalinist.

--
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mark & Juanita wrote:

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/Secret_Service_says_Kill_him_allegation_unfounded_.html
Even worse....it was either the over active imagination or a outright invention/lie from the original reporter. The numerous on the scene secret service agents whom respond to "kill chants" very seriously did not hear it nor did anyone else that was interviewed. When certain large segments of the media forgo any semblance of ethical standards in support of electing their guy ....many so called news stories are simply bunk. Rod
.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

FINALLY a compliment. I can't believe it! Mark 'gets it!'
In summation: The Wreck is a wonderful source of relevant woodworking information... AND a lot of fun. So many here are so serious! It is impossible to resist the incredible beauty of Tim chowing down on a lure and then tailwalking the shimmering lake towards the horizon, dragging a few thousand feet of 12 pound test behind him.
Priceless.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

The picture I get is more like a ski boat towing around a fallen skier that refuses to let go of the rope.
You're right, it is a lot of fun.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Especially if you can imagine him yelling: "I'm skiing!! I'm skiing!!"
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

Much more colorful than my vision of an angry/impatient guy sitting at his keyboard in Des Plaines taking it out on all the "unworthies" because John Galt hasn't (yet) invited him to Happy Valley in the Colorado Rockies.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

BTW, my apologies for my bit of fun at Tim's expence. I know you're not fond of the flames. I will try to behave. .....but it's so hard!!!!!! 174 hits isn't too shabby though...*guilty grin*
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jack Stein wrote:

Especially when you can ski on bare feet.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 05:59:58 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
And quite easy too.
Mark
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Are you seriously arguing that conservative politics, as commonly practiced, does not do the same? As far as I can see, the only difference is what rights they wish to violate. -- Doug
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Douglas Johnson wrote:

I am arguing no such thing. The so-called "conservatives" today are just about as guilty as the the liberals of this kind of thing, simply in other matters, as you point out. They only thing that redeems them at all is at least they still argue for the protection of the individual's money (however poorly their policies actually end up doing that), whereas - as best as I can tell - the current crop of liberals protects *nothing* of the individual's from the predations of the state/collective. Well ... that's not quite true. Liberals love to protect the imagined rights of foreign invaders, illegal aliens, and almost anyone *not* a legitimate US citizen or resident.
It used to be you could count on the liberals to defend civil liberties and the conservatives to work to limit the power and size of government. Both have sold us out completely in this regard.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The more I read about Palin and her stud puppy, the more the hair on the back of my neck stands up.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Charlie Self wrote:

Charlie That Palin has no close ties with any such a group is quite beside the point as the claim is simply part of the organized bash Palin campaign.....But your political views are so predictable that your hair was standing up long before you ever heard her name. Confusing reasoned thought with personal political preference might make you feel better but its a little transparent from here. Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You are saying Todd never belonged to a secessionist group?
After listening to Palin lie and dodge, or attempt to, through interviews and a debate, my hair stood on end. I was looking for information, and got plenty, none of it anywhere close to favorable to her. If you feel otherwise, then that's your privilige.
Your denigration of my tinking abilities goes far to proving that you're basically an asswipe without much, or any, acceptance of other people's opinions.
Your stance on Mt. Olympus is a shade shaky, Zeus.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Charlie Self wrote:

Actually Yes.......not that it actually matters since he's not running for anything but he was registered with the Alaska Independence party.... one of 13000 or so members including former Alaska Gov. Walter Hickel. The party while possibly quirky has never had a secessionist plank in their platform. The founder may have and certainly some members have wanted to secede but the concept has no significant following in Alaska. For the most part their platform is similar in scope and breadth to the Constitution and Libertarian Parties.
Incidentally my Internet connection is via a regional ISP of whom the owner (Doug Palin) is a relative of Todd Palin, he heartily recommends the Palins and says (ISP web page) that what you see is what you get and that they are great people.
On another interesting note Palin's stepmother Faye Palin lost in 2002 when she ran for Mayor in Wasilla to succeed Sarah. Faye Palin, who is pro choice and a Democrat lost to the candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin.... Thanksgiving must have been interesting that year.

Thanks for your permission.....for my own ignorance which lie in particular bothered you the most? I'll readily concede dodges although only on the caveat that all politicians do.

I don't think I denigrated your "tinking" abilities<G>...I merely suggested they were quite predictable. Probably based on the simple truth that every political post I've ever seen you opine over is a left leaning talking point. If I missed your right leaning talking point posts my apologies. Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Charlie Self wrote:

Yet you are perfectly happy to support a community activist who has gone to great lengths to hide his past, has had to repeatedly repudiate his former alliances (ayers, wright, rezko, etc.). Someone who lied repeatedly about his work to defeat a bill to prevent infanticide, has lied regarding his stance on gun control, has won most of his elections not by defeating his opponents but by getting them disqualified, has supporters in MO threatening legal action against those who advertise in opposition to him, and has had his supporters flood radio stations to try to shut down opposition views. Stalinist tactics don't make your hair stand up but somehow something Palin said (have no idea what) did? Enjoy the collectivist hell you are about to unleash on us.

--
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:48:34 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Isn't English a wonderful language? Someone on the other side of that issue might have said "his work to defend legal and safe abortions instead of coat hangers" to describe the very same actions :-).
It seems there's red English and blue English.
Not to mention real English from across the pond :-).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.