OOTT://In case it is important to you.

Page 1 of 9
Everybody wants to know where the bottom of the DOW is....
6330
Robatoy wrote:

0

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Robatoy wrote:

Buy at -1

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Damn Clintons
cm

Yeah... the Clintons.. such slime balls. One thing I can't, for the life of me, figure out, why Bill had to do wimmen like Flowers and Lewinski.... I mean.. I 'get' WHY he was not doing broad-ass Hillary, but, shit... could he not have found something a bit more do-able than the ones he did?
"Robatoy" wrote
Yeah... the Clintons.. such slime balls. One thing I can't, for the life of me, figure out, why Bill had to do wimmen like Flowers and Lewinski.... I mean.. I 'get' WHY he was not doing broad-ass Hillary, but, shit... could he not have found something a bit more do-able than the ones he did? *********************************************************************
Was it Bill Mahr who did the comedy bit about poor slick willie being unlucky in his extra marital affairs?
And the solution was to take up a collection so Uncle Bill could finally have some "first class pussy".

I can't stand Bill Maher. He's not funny anymore... just like Dennis Miller.. USED to be funny...

Personal Opinion: Think back to the Writer's strike last spring. I think Bill Maher was a lot funnier before the strike. Since he went on air (HBO 'on-air'??) without his union writers for a few HBO shows, something happened. Since the writer's strike, Bill's humor has turned just nasty (or maybe petulant?)
HBO I think is trying to attract a specific demographic of young people to a political humor / current events show. Bill Maher is showing his age and his blatant his left coast bias to current events. Is he still connecting with the demographics HBO is after? This I don't know. I assure you, I am WAY too old for the target audience, even if I am a political liberal.
Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.
Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??
P D Q

No I think it started a little earlier than Carter and I would say the republicans are just as much to blame. Assuming your talking about the latest financial situation and not marital infidelity. Well I guess both greed and extra marital affairs pre dated the Carter administration.
cm
Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.
Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??
P D Q
: No I think it started a little earlier than Carter and I would say the : republicans are just as much to blame. Assuming your talking about the : latest financial situation and not marital infidelity. Well I guess both : greed and extra marital affairs pre dated the Carter administration.
: cm
: : Clintons sure had a hand in this problem.
: Would you believe that it really started with Jimmy Carter??
: P D Q
Is this the lust comment from the playboy interview?
Don't know about that.
I never got past the centerfold. :)

According to one source - in 1977 Jimmy signed into law the "Community Reinvestment Act" which was passed by his Democratic controlled Congress.
Apparently this act required depository institutions to help meet the needs of the communities in which they operate.
So began the sub-prime mortgage fiasco.
In 1995 Billy further loosened the purse strings.
What most will not believe - in 2003 the shrub tried to correct this and in 2005 so did McCain. On both occasions the Democrats shot it down.
The politics of "Affirmative Action for Affordable Housing" sure cooked the books for Fannie and Freddie.
P D Q

As an observer in the UK, whose financial situation has also suffered as a result of all this, I find this insight a revalation.
I can only hope you guys put someone in the white house this next time who has the guts to get it all sorted.
--
Stuart Winsor

Who?? Twiddle dumb or Twiddle dee??
Rick Samuel wrote:

Twiddle dumb and Twiddle dumber...
There is ALWAYS at least one significant difference between presidential candidates. Imagine if the paranoid Richard M. Nixon had not been elected and Hubert Humphry had become president. No Enemies List, no Watergate, no Pat Buchanan Pit One Group Against Another Divisiivness, probably no Peace With Honor - After Another Four Years - And How Many More Lives, . . .? Sound like Mr. Rove took a page out of THAT Play Book? The Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum view of presidential candidates is too simplistic. The world is changing fast and the issues in this election are too significant to just flip a coin, or worse yet, not vote.
The country is changing significantly - and will continue to change regardless of who is elected. A president that can keep up with those changes and provide some constructive leadership will make a real difference in where this country goes in the next four or eight years. There are BIG issues to deal with and a sharp mind and good political skills - and by that I don't mean Party Partisanship - is needed. We need to get beyond the legacy of Nixon AND Bush/Cheney.
THINK FIRST - THEN - VOTE.
stepping off the Soap Box
charlie b
charlieb wrote: [snip]

... from the Amen Corner: Hallelujah!
Please give me an elite in the White House. Someone who can think with imagination. Someone who has exquisite people skills. Someone who is embarrassingly superior to me in intelligence and erudition. A person who won't stumble trying to fit six words into a coherent sentence.
    vote,     jo4hn