Oops! Did I do that?

Michael, that was some genius level funny shit!

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Let's just wait until we see the polling numbers on that one.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Michael Baglio

Mike, Thanks for letting us know about the Estwing. You sure seem to know about hammers so I want to ask a couple of questions. Do you have to use Estwing nails or will other brands work with it? Do they come in different sizes? The 16d nails I used seem to keep going right through the back of the sheets of plywood I was nailing. My wife really gets pissed off when I nail things together on the dining room table. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Barry, residents in San Jose regularly joke, "drive 85 on 85". I used to do a reverse commute 40 miles on 680 where the flow is closer to 90 MPH. The CHP doesn't have enough patrol cars to keep us near the speed limits of 65 and 70.

Is there snow on the ground back there?

dave

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Geez, Tom, I'm beginning to suspect that you don't like me.

dave

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Not really, but I'm sure Killington is building up the fake stuff.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

... and most likely completely ignoring weather conditions. You are in a land of self centered scofflaw's, more stupid than otherwise, with lawyers for hire and justice for sale. Makes you wonder sometimes whether the Islamic fundamentalist don't have a valid point.

Speed on brother, Hell ain't half full.

Reply to
Swingman

thanks for the sentiment, Swingster.

dave

Sw> ... and most likely completely ignoring weather conditions. You are in a

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

You're welcome, Dave ... just see if you can't do a better job containing them within your state. The number of 20 something twits with ultra-white teeth, plastic enhanced body parts, cell phones to ear, sitting cross legged in the driver's seat doing 85 on cruise control, three feet from the bumper of the car in front, is getting out of hand hereabouts.

Reply to
Swingman

I suspect you're not the first to think that Paddy ;-)

Y'know, there comes a time when sufficient potential is focussed on a point and it reaches that critical stage where resistance is overcome and - zap. Now, a wise person would learn and walk away, others, well - they wet their finger and...

What's it to be Davey? Ya feeling lucky punk? Ya gonna lick that finger?

Sometimes ya can't help but watch.

O'Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

On 14 Nov 2003, Patrick Olguin spake unto rec.woodworking:

I think Michael has created a uniquely rec.woodworking phenomenon here:

ScaryFunny©.

I'm jealous.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Do you have a huge water line coming into your house? I don't see how a connection for the fire dept would be any good without a large water line to back it up.

I thought a little bit about sprinklers for my house when it was built, but I couldn't find anyone doing residential systems in the area.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Now _I'm_ LMFAO. ScaryFunny©. I like that. Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

It's the other way around; the connection is backup for our well, for running the sprinklers. The system is as follows:

  • primary 1.5HP well pump; good for about 8 GPM long term, or about 1-2 sprinkler heads. There's 750 gallons of water stored in the well.
  • secondary 40 GPM pump on a 300 gal storage tank. Good for another 8 heads, kicks in when system pressure drops too low.
  • tertiary is the fire dept hookup. They can pressurize the system externally even in the event of power failure (or optionally, they can cut the power from outside as we have a cutoff switch at the meter).

The fire dept hookup is NOT to provide water for them to fight the fire with. They bring that with them. The hookup is purely for them to pressurize the sprinkler system. In fact, there's a valve that prevents water flow in the other direction.

In addition, there's a flow sensor that detects if any head blows, and calls the alarm company automatically.

Our plumber put it in, but yeah, not all plumbers are certified for it.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

The fire department probably has tankers and brings the water with them. It takes a surprising small amount of water to put out a fire if sprayed properly.

I've seen more information about residential sprinklers in the past year than I have in the past 50. I think it will be very common in the future. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

construction. scottsdale and carefree az are two. my town is considering it. i live sufficiently far from a hydrant that i had them install sprinklers in my home when i built it.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer