Oops! Did I do that?

Page 3 of 3
Calm down Patrick; you sound as if you are on the verge of apoplexy!
The cord was just nicked! If i replaced every cord with a scratch on it, I'd be replacing cords left and right. Moderation, my good (?) man, moderation.
Just so you can sleep nights, I'll take exceptional care of myself. Is it ok if I get on the freeway? When I do I usually drive at least 85 MPH. Does that offend or distress you?
Take a deeeeep breath. Let it out...
Take another.
Good.
Feel better?
dave
Patrick Olguin wrote:

Not even close. I'm just kinda sick of your shit.

Dave, Not even a moron like you would tape up a "nicked" cord. The reason you got such a stern response is to (appropriately) denounce your technique/attitude with extreme prejudice. If you drive 85 on the freeways in the Bay Area, you are an asshole, and there's not much any of us can do about it other than take note of vehicles proceeding at unsafe speeds, carrying the next soon-to-be-abused woodworking toy down the freeway.
Enjoy your day.
O'Deen
AAMOF, driving 85 is driving with the flow of traffic on most of the freeways around here (even during commute hours if one is driving in the "reverse commute direction"). That concept may be beyond your understanding. This isn't downtown Manhattan, my foul mouthed friend.
You set yourself up as some kind of authority of sorts. Kinda silly, when all you can do is spew venom and speak of things such as my local traffic as if you knew what goes on around here.
Please plonk me, to save me the trouble, ok?
That's the least you can do.
Thanks!
dave
Patrick Olguin wrote:

It certainly can be here in the Northeast as well. I've been on interstates in New York and New England where all three lanes are moving at 80-85 MPH.
Barry
Barry, residents in San Jose regularly joke, "drive 85 on 85". I used to do a reverse commute 40 miles on 680 where the flow is closer to 90 MPH. The CHP doesn't have enough patrol cars to keep us near the speed limits of 65 and 70.
Is there snow on the ground back there?
dave
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Not really, but I'm sure Killington is building up the fake stuff.
Barry
... and most likely completely ignoring weather conditions. You are in a land of self centered scofflaw's, more stupid than otherwise, with lawyers for hire and justice for sale. Makes you wonder sometimes whether the Islamic fundamentalist don't have a valid point.
Speed on brother, Hell ain't half full.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
Swingman wrote:

You're welcome, Dave ... just see if you can't do a better job containing them within your state. The number of 20 something twits with ultra-white teeth, plastic enhanced body parts, cell phones to ear, sitting cross legged in the driver's seat doing 85 on cruise control, three feet from the bumper of the car in front, is getting out of hand hereabouts.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

I suspect you're not the first to think that Paddy ;-)
Y'know, there comes a time when sufficient potential is focussed on a point and it reaches that critical stage where resistance is overcome and - zap. Now, a wise person would learn and walk away, others, well - they wet their finger and...
What's it to be Davey? Ya feeling lucky punk? Ya gonna lick that finger?
Sometimes ya can't help but watch.
O'Groggy
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:49:09 -0800, "Patrick Olguin"

Let's just wait until we see the polling numbers on that one.
Geez, Tom, I'm beginning to suspect that you don't like me. <sniff>
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Not alone in the Did I Do That Department
I'd made a wooden rack to hold carving chisels. Got a canvas roll up thing for the carving chisels and decided to modify the rack to take the butt chisel set that was homeless.
the existing racks had stepped holes with a slot to allow removal from the front. The smaller hole in the steo needed enlarging to accomodate the fatter shanked butt chisels. The top with the holes in it was joined with finger joints - no glue - just to leave open the option of changes in the future. Removed the top, clamped it in a 15 pound machinist vise on top of a backer board. Using regular twiest drills I got the first four holes enlarged adequately. The fifth and sixth chisels had fatter shanks - a bit over 1/2" - the largest diameter "normal" drill bit I Had.
What I SHOULD HAVE DONE was to use the 1/2 inch and rat tail file the hole to size. But I had a forstner bit that was just perfect. For those who ski "catching an outside edge" describes what happened next. The tooth on the bit caught the edge of the existing hole, attempted to take off far more than it could chew and something had to give.
What gave was the shank of the bit - now with a 10 degree bend in it. That in turn caused it to throw the piece of wood AND the 15 pound vise off the table - after a revolution or two to build up momentum - fortunately not AT ME - before I got to the OFF switch.
AFTER climbing out from under the adjacent base unit of the mortising machine, I spent five minutes trying to find the vise and to date I have only foumd part of the piece I was attempting to drill through.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure - but not even a ton of prevention can do much to overcome stupidity.
"And hey - let's be careful out there." - Hills Street Blues.
charlie b
I can just see you, next time with a Forstner in hand, decked out in a bomb squad outfit!
dave
charlie b wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

My MiniMax has interlock switches on the doors; the motor won't run if the doors are open.
--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

funny you should mention that; my experience made me wonder about an interlock switch on the doors...didn't know another brand actually has them. cool!
dave