Ooops is right!

Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63.
They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at the store is sweating this weekend.
No doubt someone will try to force the issue, as ridiculous as it is.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

I would assume that they posted the correction in the window about the same time as they sent out the email update. That should cover them (at least in any state that I have lived in - don't know if other states allow advertisement corrections that way).
Dave Hall
on 10/5/2007 4:13 PM Swingman said the following:

A couple of weeks ago, BestBuy sent me an email regarding an upcoming BestBuy ad that advertised a sale price of $1799 for a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV. The ad was in error. The sale price was for a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV, not the 50". They said they would NOT honor the erroneous sale price.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Swingman wrote:
| Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 | worth of merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for | around $6.63. | | They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting someone at | the store is sweating this weekend.
Hmm. Does that mean they actually meant to sell $600 worth of merchandise for $663?

Not as big a bargain, but a few years back a local hardware store mixed up the prices on 2 models of wheel barrels. When I went to pay for the better one at the lower price, they almost balked but eventually gave in. While the manager was ringing me up, the assistant manager was changing the price signs, right in front of a couple who was looking at the wheel barrel display. I left before fireworks started.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

What, pray tell, is a "wheel barrel"?
--John

Must be a wheelbarrow made out of recycled barrels.
<snip>

Wood planter on castors??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Most flyers and catalogs that I see have some kind of disclaimer for errors and typos...
I do a web site for a party supply place in Houston and they have honored some pricing errors for the "good will" factor, but not as big a "gap" as your Rockler ad..