Ontario workman's compensation for injury

Page 2 of 2
Leon wrote:

it's been a while since I dealt with these cases but about 10 years ago, having Workman's Compensa tion in Ontario nullified the right to sue the employer. I'm guessing it's the same now, but I could be wrong.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Similar here however Workman's comp would pay up to $100K IIRC for the losses.

And with Canadacare, there are no medical, right?
Only lost time.
Strange how we sue employers and manufacturers for such negligence as failure to remind us that picking up a lawnmower to use it as a hedge trimmer exposes our fingers to danger, but don't want to deny a claim if someone disregards any warning....
When I was in high school I was fascinated with the shaper. I made tables with edges done on the shaper, drop leaf tables. Rail and Stile doors. Not once did I use a guard. The unit didn't have one. I was scared when I started. That was a big cutter, spinning fast. The point is this. Back then there was no guard, or if there was it wasn't in place. I am surprised at their attitude.