Oneway multi-gauge

Does anyone else make a tool comparable to the Oneway multi-gauge? A little competition can be a good thing.

Gordon Shumway

You might like the TS-Aligner Jr for a similar price.

Or with a dial indicator, an accurate square and some simple shop made jigs you can do some useful things for less money.

Jim Weisgram

I have the TS-Aligner Jr and configured it to mimic the multi gauge. Unfortunately, the surface of the bar was so narrow that it was difficult to get a consistent reading because the bar had a tendency to rock.

The idea of making a jig would save a lot of money and if I'm not happy with the results, Fathers Day isn't that far off...

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Something like this? Maybe?

Leon

That's a clean, simple design and it's at least as easy to use as the TS-Aligner Jr. that I bought about 15 years ago. It looks like the indicator can't be rotated 90 deg to work like the Multi-Gauge though. I wish that was available when I bought my TS-Aligner Jr. because I probably would have bought it instead.

I got one of their Precision Router Lifts about 15 years ago and I love it. One of the gears that drives the chain failed after 2 or 3 years and they sent all the necessary replacement parts no questions asked. Excellent service!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I'm sorry, but who buys this $h!t when you can make it from scraps and a $15 dial indicator from Harbor Freight.

We're supposed to be wood fabricators and we're paying 100 bucks for crap we can make in an hour from crap lying around our shops.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I love their story sticks, both sizes.

Reply to
Leon

I beg your forgiveness! I'll never (hiding his Woodpeckers brochure behind his back) even think about this again. I promise.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

They DO make some really cool jigs though, huh? :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I knew you'd come around. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I have a *hard* time not forking it over for their one-time jigs they sell at Woodcraft every few months. Always beautiful designs and very functional.

Reply to
-MIKE-

They're pretty, too.

Thinking about buying one. ;-)