Oneida dust collectors

any one using an Oneida cyclone system? 1.5 hp or 2 hp. Pricey, but seem to get great reviews. I'm kind of in the market and would be interested in comments by anyone who owns or uses the systems.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I did a lot of research before buying a Jet. The only reason I did was the height factor in a basement. The cyclone would not fit but that is what I really wanted. It is the best of the best. Oneida people are really nice and will answer all your questions. They will even help you design your system. If you want the best go for the Oneida.

Tim

Reply to
tdup2

Frank,

I live about 10 miles away from where they're made (and 15 miles away from Stickley too...) and although I would like to have one, I lack the height in my shop to install one for now. When I visited them, as another has already said, they will be glad to help you design a system (no charge) and answer all your questions. If you think they're just trying to sell you the expensive spread - you would be wrong - they only sell one level of quality but a number of different solutions.

They get great reviews because they have a good product and so far have made them better than the competitions models from what I've read. You can save money or save your health - or get a different hobby, like needlepoint maybe......;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Reply to
JGS

I have the 3HP system, and its great. The only problem I've had is that if I get careless with one of the open ended hoses, it will suck up anything - small tools, random chunks of wood, etc. Worst I had was while vacuuming of the bandsaw after a big resaw project, it picked up the metal insert in the table and sucked it away. I didn't bother trying to find it, I just went out and got a cheapo replacement, but man, that thing sucks....

--JD

Reply to
jd

Thanks Gentlemen for the responses. Confirms what I've been able to find out.

Fortunately, this is for the next shop and I will have some control over the ceiling height, possibly a separate dust collection closet with an exterior door for removal of drums. It is a lot easier to start from scratch. My current shop could not handle a cyclone either. Too small, no headroom.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina has caused the next shop to be off schedule a bit. Plan was to move to Biloxi where family ties are and build much smaller house, much larger shop. Maybe a new plan?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Exactly 7' floor to ceiling.