Oneida arrived Monday

Really high-quality stuff, everything fit well, holes lined up, looks really good. It has high-quality switches and other components, including the Baldor Motor (Pro2000 model/ 5HP)

Downside is that it was an athletic event (for a 57 year old) to get it assembled. I welded up a frame and used a hoist to get it together. It took a lot of time doing tedius stuff. I am experienced in metal fab, welding, machine work, and automotive work from my early years. It took all of what I knew to pull this off (I was going to be finished in one day...Hah!)

Downside 2 is that I can only look at it until I get the Phase Converter online. Waiting for a switch.

Well, it looks good anyway! My pitiful old DC sits beside it and will work until I can get a "smoke test" on the motor. It did hurt my pride, but I also employed an electrician to help me finish the phase converter set-up.

Even though it's not going yet, I am endorsing the people at Oneida for being helpful and putting out a superior product. From what I've seen, Grizzly has junk compared to this and it costs the same.

have a good day,

woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

I think it was very smart to use an electrician, We all do something very well and others things ok. I have wired many an outlet, but used an electricin to change my service. Glad I did.

Cant wait to hear the reports on how well the new system works.

Reply to
goaway

The expense and time of installing the pipe through the shop (35 x 40) will make it a while. Bill Pentz would have a fit if he saw me hook up this

8-inch intake to a box and run 4-inch flex! But this will be what happens until I recover some financially. Buying a 12-foot door, a phase converter, and the Oneida cut into my running money. I also didn't do any work during the time I was putting all of this together.. now collecting aluminum cans!

have a nice day woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

I have the 2hp model and it really sucks. I've had it since Christmas and I wish I had bought it many years ago.

Max

Reply to
Max