One More Time...Paslode IM250A Cordless Finish Nailer, Stripped Threads Problem

Does anyone in this NG have any experience with the threads stipping on the depth adjustment knob?
Click on the following URL for details:
http://www.pbase.com/image/38701662.jpg
Thanks much in advance. Cheers, Jim
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:46:12 -0500, "Jim Larkey"

I don't have that gun, so the best I can do is offer some sort of vague advice in the form of: perhaps you could repair the knob by reaming it out and epoxying in a threaded insert... or maybe just replace it with a machine nut...
Thanks for suggestion, but access to the depth adjuster knob resticted and is very difficult. Secondly I'm not sure a machine nut would be any better strength-wise to absorb impact shock of nail gun.
What I'm wondering is whether other users of this gun have a continuing problem with this or is this a one-time rare event, just like the "rare event" of the bad spark plug I had.
IF this happens again and again, I'd just as soon cut my losses and move onto a different gun?
Cheers, Jim