one more DC question from me

Okay, I got a 1micron filter bag with my new DC but I want to upgrade my older 3/4 hp Delta 2 stage. It has the 4 inch opening that exhausts into their cloth bag. The unit is about 15 years old and the bag probably has a cut off of 500 microns . (I think a mosquito could fly through the fabric.) All of the bags I've seen (Grizzly, Delta, Craftsman, etc.) are 30 micron. Does anybody know of a source for a finer mesh bag to fit on a 4 inch line? I'd like to buy a manufactured bag instead of buying a spare 1 micron bag for my new DC and modifying it to fit on the older unit. Thanks in advance, Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

"marc rosen" wrote in news:1155333519.499777.252330 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I bought my 1 micron bag off of the shelf at the local Rockler store. Don't know if you have a store you could visit, or if there is a similar product in their catalog. I understand that there ARE mail order sources for these, however.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

PennState used to carry one; don't know if they still do. I doubt a 3/4 hp DC is really worth upgrading though.

Reply to
Toller

Another one of those things that isn't up to Toller standards. I guess he should just throw it away.

TOLLER, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT.

Reply to
CW

Boy, I was sure Grizzly had a one mic bag - didn't check just now, tough. You could check with these folks

who members of Woodnet said were easy to deal with and willing to make mods.

Reply to
C & E

Hey C & E, That looks like a good site but my home computer is acting weird again- probably dust from my woodshop- so I'll have to explore its links at work. Other suggestions from other folks did not yield any 1 micron bags that would fit right on. Maybe I'll just have to go with a 30 if Processys does not come through. Another thought i had was to route the older DC to a home made filter box with several filter elements in a stack.

Marc

C & E wrote:

Reply to
marc rosen