one man wall lift

The framing for the new workshop is underway. I'm doing as much myself as I can, both because until the shop is up and running I'm operating without an income of my own and because I want to.
so standing up walls alone is a bit of a challenge. I got help for some of them, but I worked out a way to lift even big walls singlehandedly.
pics on flickr: <http://www.flickr.com/photos/bridgerb/2198573649/in/photostream/
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ingenuity is a wonderful thing.
How long until you think you will be done?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said:

Where there's a will, there's a way, eh? Looks like something I'd pull. I work alone as well. Easier and less dangerous that way. ;-)
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

You can work hard or you can work smart.
http://www.granite.mb.ca/~lorence/Cabinfront7.jpg
I raised the gable ends (rake head windows) in the center section of my house by myself. The wall are 22' wide by 15' at the peak.
Had I gone the traditional route and got friends/family to help me, there would have been a very good chance of someone getting hurt. The way I did it, had something gone wrong, only a few 2 by's would have been damaged.
LdB
Nice pic. Would those be the Catalina Mts in the background? Looks awful familiar to me. Art
[snip]>

On Jan 17, 8:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm hoping to be done, oh, about a year ago. the delays have been many and obstreperous. this project is more than just the shop- there are some porches connecting to buildings and a fairly radical reframing or both of those roofs. I have a month or two to go on this, anyhow.
many hands make light work, or so they say. the first wall wouldn't have been easy to raise this way, so I got a small crowd of guys for the lift. it was definitely quicker, but as it was a finger got a bit smashed. no big damages, but with a bunch of guys running around the potential is there.
yep, them's the Catalinas.