one man wall lift

The framing for the new workshop is underway. I'm doing as much myself as I can, both because until the shop is up and running I'm operating without an income of my own and because I want to.

so standing up walls alone is a bit of a challenge. I got help for some of them, but I worked out a way to lift even big walls singlehandedly.

pics on flickr:

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Ingenuity is a wonderful thing.

How long until you think you will be done?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Where there's a will, there's a way, eh? Looks like something I'd pull. I work alone as well. Easier and less dangerous that way. ;-)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

You can work hard or you can work smart.

raised the gable ends (rake head windows) in the center section of my house by myself. The wall are 22' wide by 15' at the peak.

Had I gone the traditional route and got friends/family to help me, there would have been a very good chance of someone getting hurt. The way I did it, had something gone wrong, only a few 2 by's would have been damaged.

LdB

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

Nice pic. Would those be the Catalina Mts in the background? Looks awful familiar to me. Art

Reply to
Artemus

I'm hoping to be done, oh, about a year ago. the delays have been many and obstreperous. this project is more than just the shop- there are some porches connecting to buildings and a fairly radical reframing or both of those roofs. I have a month or two to go on this, anyhow.

many hands make light work, or so they say. the first wall wouldn't have been easy to raise this way, so I got a small crowd of guys for the lift. it was definitely quicker, but as it was a finger got a bit smashed. no big damages, but with a bunch of guys running around the potential is there.

yep, them's the Catalinas.

Reply to
bridgerfafc