ON topic: Verrreeeeee eeeenterestingggg

Swingman wrote in news:zpydnQ7WGPo1htfWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Looked like they were using the KPAX CMS in the same room painting was happening, but perhaps that was before the line boring machine.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:29:48 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Didja know: They're 1/3 the price of Festeringtools.

I looked at more of the Lamello line and laughed out loud at the InvisX. I'll bet that gets the screw as tight as a 3-year old could manage with a screwdriver (and zero dexterity.)

--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ---

ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You don't have to have a Domino to cut mortises for floating tennons either. But what fun would that be? :~)

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:06:13 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Y'know, just once here on the Wreck, it would be nice to see that someone had spent the grand on the bloody tool, done the work on the pieces, and then actually got the spelling of the damned joint right when gloating. Just _once_! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

"Tenon" has just two Ns in it!

There. I feel better.

--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ---

ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tinin. there... Happy! ;~)

I is not uh a good speller. I will make no escuses fer dat. But I will blam my spellin checker. May be had I spended $1000 on the Domino cutter tool enstead of $750 I wood be a more gooder speller.

I feeeel mucho beder tooo.

Reply to
Leon

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:31:47 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Goodonya,Mate.

-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Reply to
Larry Jaques

piece of plastic in a biscuit joint. For pete's sake, clamping isn't that difficult. I suspect that the cost of those plastic bits from Lamello is going to add up pretty quickly for volume work. For low volume and one-off pieces, the overhead of clamping is better than the hassle of dealing with yet another tool in the shop.

I think that most of us will admit that we're better off learning how to adapt a smaller number of tools and techniques to a large number of applications than try to use the "perfect" tool and technique for each time. For one, it cuts down on the cost of tools. But more importantly, it lets us concentrate on mastering our techniques.

Reply to
Keith Hanlan

[common sense snipped]

*gasp* Yes... annnnd????
Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

Sorry those were less than desirable pictures and I removed them last night. I could email you the jpg's if you like, request via e-mail.

Reply to
Leon