ON topic: Verrreeeeee eeeenterestingggg

Page 2 of 2

..
The Paslode corrrugated nailer will do that mitering task for about $0.25 and quite a bit faster. Joe G

m...
I have one, but it is very crude in its execution. It actually works on the same principle. Doing what they did in the video with a Paslode would have had splinters flying everywhere and I'm not sure the butt- mitre would have worked at all. The Paslode sure has its place in a countertop shop though. BTW, $ 0.01 per fastener is more like it. I bought 4000 for 43.00 US$. Effective, but crude. Real crude. Those fasteners enter the work-piece with the force of a small sledgehammer.
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:29:48 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Didja know: They're 1/3 the price of Festeringtools.
I looked at more of the Lamello line and laughed out loud at the InvisX. I'll bet that gets the screw as tight as a 3-year old could manage with a screwdriver (and zero dexterity.)
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com/handypouches.html ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!

The difference is that the Lamello self-clamping biscuits can be used with just about any biscuit slot cutter. You don't have to buy their expensive tool.
wrote:>

You don't have to have a Domino to cut mortises for floating tennons either. But what fun would that be? :~)
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:06:13 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Y'know, just once here on the Wreck, it would be nice to see that someone had spent the grand on the bloody tool, done the work on the pieces, and then actually got the spelling of the damned joint right when gloating. Just _once_! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
"Tenon" has just two Ns in it!
There. I feel better.
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com/handypouches.html ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!

Tinin. there... Happy! ;~)
I is not uh a good speller. I will make no escuses fer dat. But I will blam my spellin checker. May be had I spended $1000 on the Domino cutter tool enstead of $750 I wood be a more gooder speller.
I feeeel mucho beder tooo.
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:31:47 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Goodonya,Mate.
-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

those are coming up as removed :-(
--
>replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me
>Pics at http://www.meekings.net/diving/index.shtml

Sorry those were less than desirable pictures and I removed them last night. I could email you the jpg's if you like, request via e-mail.