On Topic: Help Request with Server Test

My cable service uses Supernews.com to access newsgroups and it doesn't seem to either update with new groups, or always let my posts out into the world. I posted messages earlier on this subject, got no replies nor could I find the post on any other news server or archive.

I may have to subscribe to one of the other news servers that charge a fee if I want full and complete access to newsgroups. I am also going to call the cable company and complain.

Anyway, to ask again...

image shows a friends' sideboard that is missing the top shelf's crest rail.

is a close-up showing the ghost of what was originally installed on the shelf.

image is a longer shot of the top shelf shot from a high angle

My friends bought the item as is. It is quarter sawn white oak with walnut accents. We don't know how old the sideboard is and I'm not sure of the style (Craftsman, Mission, Stickly, etc.). They want me to replace the back rail and would prefer that it look authentic.

If anyone can post an image or sketch to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, email me images, or describe what the rail might have looked like, we would be grateful.

Thanks in advance Andy

has my email address, or remove the NOSPAM to reply.

Reply to
Andy