--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/15/2013 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

I liked his rip fence.
On 2/15/2013 2:55 PM, Leon wrote:

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that "what he said" included "we don't need no steenking riving knife, fence, biscuits, jointer, clamps (not always, anyway) or even a workbench.
Apparently at least one man in Japan uses his planes to make furniture, not just 8 micron ribbon shavings.
Swingman wrote:

Heh! He spreads glue the same way I do :)
Neat way to straighten out a board too. Arigato.
--

dadiOH
On 2/15/13 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:

Wow. Leather strapping as a band clamp. Tucked that one away in the old brain, I did.
--

-MIKE-

On 2/15/2013 3:54 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I am betting if you dampen the leather it will tighten as it dries.

]