On stupidity

It is simple to delete the junk in this forum supposedly for the discussion of things to do with woodworking. CTRL-A selects all, then press the delete key. It is a shame, but human nature that the least intelligent seem to win out in the end. Perhaps those involved in the discussion of "intelligent design" will be the ones remaining with the cockroaches when all is said and done, and will provide solid proof one way or the other.
So, until "intelligent design" proceeds to the point where there is intelligent discussion, and I won't hold my breath, a quick once-over [just in case ...like buying one ticket for the lottery], then CTRL-A, DELETE, and there is again peace on earth.
Now, back to the woodworking. I just had planed about 800 board feet I had been given; mostly hard maple, some cherry, and some black walnut. Time to leave the computer and make those Christmas gifts for the granddaughter.
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:33:24 -0700, Guess who

<CTRL> A, <DELETE> Flush off topic crap.

Too little, too late. I already deleted this off topic post that wasn't marked as off topic. It did, however, add to the noise...
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

So why is it that the people that complain about OT threads start OT threads with out OT at the beginning and why are they normally the ones that start these type threads? Seems you are giving a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. I think complaining in the mirror might be more satisfying for you and us.
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 22:57:52 GMT, "Leon"

I'll type this slowly so that you won't get confused with the big words: How else is someone supposed to comment about such idiocy in this type of medium? [Don't reply ..see below.] Also, mentioning that a topic is OT doesn't legitimise it. That's like being in a packed elevator and saying you're going to fart.
I made my comment,. Simply accept it and stop making any more replies if you have the brains to figure out the importance of that in the process. ...Now I'm done.
.

Does typing slowly help you view yourself as being more witty?
How else is someone supposed to comment about such idiocy in

Your whole comment is in a loop. YOU are part of the problem that you complain about. Just because it is YOU that is way off topic does not make you any different than those that you are throwing stone as. If you live in a glass house,... You should know the rest.
[Don't reply ..see below.] Also, mentioning that

Thoug listing it as OT helps us understand that the crap is OT.

And I made mine. Simply accept it and stop making any more replies if you have any brains to figure out the importance of that in the process. I'm glad you are done.
Guess who wrote:

Doh!
You can complain about the off-topic thread IN the off-topic thread. That adds to THEIR noise and perhaps would provide a bit more motivation to move the thread to a newsgroup where it is on-topic. Feel free to set followups to an approriate newsgroup. The followups for this article are set to alt.flame.
The mind boggles that somebody would post instructions to use some obscure escape sequence and claim that it will make the problem go away.
--

FF

Guess who wrote:

I think that is a good idea. I will do the same sorts of things. :-)
This was definitely an -on-topic post. <G> (For all those who missed the relevance...