?on miter cut.

Page 6 of 6
wrote in

Beautiful. If I can take away just one nice, simple rule of thumb for the shop from a thread, then it was worthwhile. In this case, it paid off double. One excellent tip from Leon (Thanks!) and a whole lot of entertainment. :-)
Dan
Add pictures here
✖

36°
--
© Jon Down ®
My eBay items currently listed:

Well Bob I reckon that after reading the responses here you are likely to bin woodworking and take up stamp collecting.
Your simple question (the answer to which is 36 degrees) has caused more grief than a troll fest.
Don't give up, they're generally very helpful here. This thread however beggars belief.
Add pictures here
✖
It has to happen every once in a while. If everyone let it build up, they'd explode. :)

Add pictures here
✖
"gandalf" wrote in message

LOL ..

Actually, it may set a new record in the current day and age: Thus far each and every post in the thread has been ON topic, the thread has fewer, by about 500, posts in it than any with the word BUSH in the subject, and the Next key is still equally available for anyone who feels to the contrary.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04

Add pictures here
✖

Not gonna happen.... ;~) Way too much detailed advice given that would prevent such a thang.
Add pictures here
✖
This has been fun. I cut using the 36 degree setting on the saw and it turned out perfect,but as someone stated a couple of posts back, it's gonna be ugly alright. No, I won't quit my " Day Job ".
Thanks again for a very entertaining thread.
Bob | | > Well Bob I reckon that after reading the responses here you are likely to | bin | > woodworking and take up stamp collecting. | | LOL .. |
Add pictures here
✖

For some real entertainment, come on back when ya need a bootleg "Best of Fine Woodworking" CD.
It's like 54 vs. 36, but with _ethics._
Michael
Add pictures here
✖
Bob I betcha you are totally confused now... LOL... I hope you recognize the correct answers.

Add pictures here
✖

<10 zillion replies omitted for clarity>
I sit totally stunned that so many people could work so hard at misunderstanding each other.
Add pictures here
✖
In rec.woodworking

Jeez Paul, how long have you lived? Isn't that what entire countries have done since man has been walking upright?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

Good point. I had hoped for better for people who aren't scum^H^H^H^Hpoliticians but I always do seem to be overly optimistic.
Add pictures here
✖
Well it s been fun how many different ways can you say Potatoes. I guess this is why these forums exist . It was nice NOT to see all kinds of name calling and just a good exchange of different points of view for once.
CHRIS

✖

Say Bob, aren't you glad you asked?
UA100
Add pictures here
✖
YES I am!!!
Bob
| >Thanks for any help or advice.Bob | | Say Bob, aren't you glad you asked? | | UA100
Add pictures here
✖
Hey Bob,
Look this is a very simple miter. 5 sides x 2 miters = 10 cuts. 360/10 = 36 degrees. Easy.
I do picture frames and after much effort went to the local high school and had the Trig teacher help me with a formula that gives me the angle for any frame of any number of sides and given the diameter of the frame will tell me how long to cut each leg.
Now the trick will be to get exactly 36 degrees. Not 35.5 because the slight difference will show. Trial and error.
Bill in New Mexico

Add pictures here
✖