OMG Woodworking Tip's

Ok this is pretty simple but works flawlessly. I was cutting tennons on the TS and had the rip fence set as my guide for the length of the tennon. Of course the tennons were about 125/256" long, not 1/2", that would have been too easy. Any way I discovered that I needed to cut some more stock and I would need to return to the previous fence setting. Tough to repeat. So I put my Bessey Revo 12" clamp to work, clamped to the fence rail and indexed squarely against the "t" on the fence. Repeat setting, no problem.
Also I am building some tall cabinets and have 8 frame and panel sides. There are 3 different style sides that go together and keeping up with the pieces and in what order they need to stay in was going to be a job in it self. Why not dry assemble and leave it that way and also be able to move the panels around the shop? Shrink Wrap, the industrial version of the stuff you cover your dishes with in the kitchen works great. It is light weight, clamps securely and is CHEAP.
Pictures, if you need a picture are posted at a.b.p.w.
"Leon" wrote

tape. It comes in rolls and was about 4 inches wide. The boss gave it to me when I left. I didn't know where I would use it but I did not want to throw it away. A few months later, I moved. I could not believe all the places/times/etc that stuff came in handy. I still have a couple rolls of that stuff around here somewhere.

Having been in the whole sale shipping business many years ago we went through the 18" wide rolls on a weekly basis. I am using a 6" roll with a handle.
Leon wrote:

Nice.
--

-MIKE-

Leon wrote:

I'll quite often use the magnetic base from my dial indicator (similar to the way you used your Bessey clamp) on the cast iron table surface (can't do that with a granite top!) to establish a reference position for the fence. Sometimes (depending on what I'm doing) it's possible to then use my brass setup gauges (or even some pieces of 1/4" or 1/2" MDF) to position the fence some known distance away from the "reference point", then easily return to it later on. Pretty handy.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

I have tried different similar methods and used rare earth magnets. I managed to knock the magnets out of place. The Bessey clamp seems to hold well with out having to crank down. The Bessey clamp is pretty serious about not moving until you release the pressure. Clamps with smaller clamping areas did not do well either. That is just my experience, if your on/off magnet works well for you, you have a tool that is again useful to you. ;~)
Leon wrote:

I have the Unifence on my Unisaw, so it's a bit lighter than a Beisemeyer style and maybe not quite so prone to knocking the magnet out of place. Still, the magnets in the dial indicator base are pretty serious, and I think it would take one hell of a knock to move it.