Omaha Industrial Tools (OIT) Drill Press

Hello,
My friend's dad is selling his 16 speed 13" floor standing OIT drill press. American made, a number of years old but in great shape.
The obvious question here is "has anyone heard of this brand of drill press"? I've searched the archives and found nothing. I did find their website via google, but couldn't find any reviews or anything.
At this point I figure for $150 this is a no-brainer, but just wanted to double check and be sure.
Thanks, Mike
PS. He purchased a 16 1/2" Delta to replace it. It was made in China and even he was disappointed in the quality of workmanship his new one had compared to his old one (the old one definitely looked much nicer, but all that glitters isn't gold).
Hi Mike;
The issue with used tools is this; they require a bit of consumer involment. In otherwords if you fel that you have the capability to maintain the unit then it can be a deal. On the other hand $150 for a used tool is a bit stiff if the machine does require a great deal of work. Generally unless your hobby is rebuilding machine tools if the machine requires work some thought has to be put into the purcahse price. Some times it doesn't even make sense to pay scrap metal rates.
So you have to evaluate the tool against something with like quality. This normally means a US, German or Swiss machine. If the price looks good with repsect to these then go for it.
Dave
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:16:52 -0700, Mike wrote:

Thanks, that about sums up how I feel. The drill itself looks brand new. Other than dust on the top of the thing (he has a cover for the table, it's fine) it looks in great condition. And all the other tools in his shop are in good condition so that leads me to believe he takes care of his tools.
So, I guess my action will be to buy it. I was thinking about how a decent 12V cordless drill is about that price (and I have an 18V one -- even more), so what's the hang up?? :)
Thanks again, here's hoping I get many years out of it.
Mike