Olympic gold...

What a great hockey game! Of course, the best team won...

My favourite moment was a shot of our Canadian forces in Kandahar. One of our soldiers had a sign that read" Canada and the USA. Brothers in arms, but not on ice!"

Amen.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Amen indeed.

Reply to
Robatoy

Congrats to the Canucks in here.

As much as I dislike "sudden death" playoffs, especially in the NFL, it was a great game and the team that won has bragging rights.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:280220101716156088%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

I think the best team won too. Congrats Canadians!

Reply to
Han

"Dave Balderstone" wrote

The US team looked pissed off during the awards ceremony. They wanted it bad. They were good. But not quite good enough. Great game.

I trust that the men's hocky team will carry on in the traditional Canadian style of celebrating this victory. If not, I am sure the girls will be happy to give them a few hints. :)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

1716156088%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

Had the game gone on another 3 minutes, the Americans would have scored it to a tie again..we just got there first. Very evenly matched.

Reply to
Robatoy

Well no shit! Typically the best team does win. As far as hockey goes however, what is that exactly :~)

Reply to
Leon

It is not like football where any team in the NFL can beat any team any time.

Reply to
Robatoy

LOL ... anybody who hails from south of Michigan will probably never fully get it. Then again, there's plenty of 'em in Texas these days.

Reply to
Swingman

It is not like football where any team in the NFL can beat any team any time.

As far as foot ball goes,,,, IMHO it falls in the same catagory. I never liked watching, I was more of a participating type. I was base ball and golf.

The funny thing about the Super Bowl..... the winner is not the champion... It's just another game, IIRC.

Reply to
Leon

Agreed. One of the most exciting moments of the olympics.

Being from US, I wanted to see us win, but don't feel bad Canada won. Like one guy said, to Canadian's, hockey is more than a sport, it's a national religion! It's on their money, ferchrysakes!

If that's all they got, I'm glad they got their dream. After all, they were the hosts, this year. Who deserves it more. OTOH, that qtr-final US win will always be there in the back of their minds to gnaw at them, heh heh. But c'mon! ....to Canada hockey is a religion. To us, hockey is jes a novelty, a 2nd rate fill between football and baseball. Yet we almost had ya'!!! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I like this response...LOL

Robatoy

Ahhh yesssssss!!!!

Neil Young!

How damn cool to end with "Long May You Run".

CLASSY!!!

Reply to
Swingman

Goose bumps. Canada Goose bumps. Neil Young played that on Conan's last night too.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:45:54 -0500, "Lee Michaels" wrote: .

They might wish they could --- there were a bunch of private jets at the airport, waiting for various players and coaches. They are pros, and the season resumes == first game is Monday night in Phoenix.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

It certainly was, exciting from beginning to end, and a real nail-biter too, way more interesting than that U.S.-Finland blowout. And isn't it amazing how NHL players can suddenly forget about fighting and focus on the skills of the game when they know throwing a punch means ejection from the game? Pity the NHL doesn't adopt that rule.

Reply to
DGDevin

--------------------------------------- Pity indeed.

Hockey Fights = B_O_R_I_N_G.

Same with baseball.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"DGDevin" wrote in news:UJydnVooDq_D6xbWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I just finished watching the 2nd, 3rd and OT a short time ago. Great game. You'll probably never see two more evenly matched quality teams again. It came down to who made the first mistake.

I'm sure if that had been a NHL game, they'd have had at least one fight. Probably two or three for that intense of a game. I didn't miss them.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Speaking of Olympic gold, how much gold is in those medalions anyway? Pure, 14k, 24k, plated???

Reply to
KC

According to this week's QI : 8% gold, 92% silver.

Reply to
Bob Martin