Oliver manu.

What's the word on quality for the newer (post year 2000) oliver machinary? I see they have a hollow chisel mortiser that looks to be similiar in size to the powermatic and general.
I'm also curious about their jointers. SH
I'm in the process of rebuilding a '95 12" jointer, I'm telling you it's one well built piece of equipment... I can't wait to get it running. I bought it without the motor as I didn't want to mess with a 3 phase converter. Motor has arrived and am waiting for the pulley's. This one has helical cut cutters and there is no adjusting the knives. Total cost so far is $2250.00 Sucker is a solid cast iron base and weighs 1400/lbs. I'll upload photos when I can get the B.I.L's digital camera
Knothead