Oliver manu.

What's the word on quality for the newer (post year 2000) oliver machinary? I see they have a hollow chisel mortiser that looks to be similiar in size to the powermatic and general.

I'm also curious about their jointers. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

I'm in the process of rebuilding a '95 12" jointer, I'm telling you it's one well built piece of equipment... I can't wait to get it running. I bought it without the motor as I didn't want to mess with a 3 phase converter. Motor has arrived and am waiting for the pulley's. This one has helical cut cutters and there is no adjusting the knives. Total cost so far is $2250.00 Sucker is a solid cast iron base and weighs 1400/lbs. I'll upload photos when I can get the B.I.L's digital camera

Knothead

"Slowhand"

Reply to
Knothead