Older unisaw has different arbor threads?

I have a 1950's Unisaw, and bought one of the Delta knurled replacement arbor nuts. I'm not sure if it's the 36-659 or 36-660, but both the nut and the arbor have left-hand threads.
Anyway, although the original arbor nut threads on and off quite easily, the replacement doesn't. Like I can't get it on at all. Are the arbor threads different on the older saws? Maybe I just need to find a die and run the threads... what's the thread size?
Thanks, Heath
On 17 Aug 2005 12:16:40 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

If that does not work try http://www.sawcenter.com /. I obtained a replacement nut there for a 1948 model Unisaw which works.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think you'll find it's left hand, and not a standard V form thread. Each of which will make it pretty tough to find a die to fit. But maybe you'll get lucky.
I'd spend some time instead finding the correct nut. And, before I'd even think about cutting new threads on the arbor, I'd consider tapping the nut to the correct thread.
John Martin
John Martin wrote:

Every tablesaw arbor I've seen is an Acme thread or variant thereof..