Older Leigh Jig

I am going to an auction this weekend and one of the items I am interested in is a Leigh jig. The model # was not given. I have heard a lot about the D4 but not much about the D3 or D1258r or -24 or -12, etc.
If the jig up for auction is one of the earlier models, is there a reason to avoid it? Leigh's web site doesn't give an explanation of the differences of the above models. Thanks, JG
JGS wrote:

do know about are the locking knobs, tabs to square and offset left and right, finger bar setup. The D4 has cams, D3 has knobs. The D4 tab is about 5" long, D3 is much smaller and you can shift the wood if you don't clamp it right. The D4 has icons to set the finger bar up. The D3 has raised lines to match with the arrows. One good thing is you can upgrade the D3/D1258 to a D4 for very little $$. If you get it I would look into getting the upgrade cams and squaring tabs. If you upgrade the finger bar ends you will need to order the D4 manual or download it because then you will have a true D4.
I agree with Jody, I got a 1258r-12 at an auction last year. It is a 12" model. I got the cam upgrade, finger adjustmets , square adjustments , bits, and I am still under $200 for the Jig. I thought I may not like the 12" model, but it is easy to store and I have not needed anything larger. With some thought and some bar steel I am sure that you could make the jig as long as you would need it. I love it Good Luck

Thanks Guys, Good information, just what I needed to know. Cheers, JG