Old Wooden Shutters

Hi, I've got a bunch of wooden exterior shutters that are in great condition. My house is at least 130 years old and I believe the shutters to be about that age. I'm looking to sell them and would like to get an idea of what they might be worth in the right hands. The sizes and quantities are as follows:
62" x 15.5" - 14 58" x 15.5" - 16 53.75" x 15.5" - 10 41.5" x 13" - 2
All but 3 or 4 are 100% complete. The louvers work or could easily be made to work. They appear to have been painted only once, or not at all. I can't tell without cleaning them up, they are very dusty. Anyway, the paint is minimal. They have been sitting in the attic of my garage for decades. Most still have hardware attached.
I will try to get some pictures posted on my website, but it may take a few days. Any interest please email me at my posted address. I can email pictures directly. I'm in Troy, NY (near Albany).
Thanks, Bob Corcoran
On 22 May 2004 09:33:33 -0700, user_friendly snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Bob Corcoran) wrote:

Take them to a reputable antique dealer [if you can find one.] they do have some value.
Bill.
user_friendly snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Bob Corcoran) wrote:

Leave them in the attic - they're a valuable part of the house and belong with it. You wouldn't sell the brasses off a colonial Philadelphia highboy, would you?
Trust me, someone down the road will be thrilled they're in the attic and could be put back on the house where they belong.
See if there is a market on Ebay, or maybe a local salvage yard could steer you in the right direction. Mark L.
Bob Corcoran wrote:

They are worth much more with the house than without. Depending on the condition of the house and it's size, having the original shutters would be worth upwards of $30k. I would also check local ordinances. In many communitities it's illegal to sell original housing elements for older homes without a special permit.
Just curious, why are you removing them? Most people spend enormous amounts of money trying to recreate shutters like those.

I'm not removing them, they've been in the attic for decades. My house is a very modest 3-over-2 in Lansingburgh (Troy), NY. The most remarkable features of this house are the updates. It was built as a 2-family and later converted to a 1-family. The inside has been completely gutted and renovated, so there's not much original detail left. I'm working to preserve the wooden clapboard siding, but don't feel the shutters are worth finishing and hanging. I can't see them increasing the value at all.
Currently, they are taking up space that I would like to use. I'd like to get them into someone's hands who would really appreciate them.
Bob Corcoran Troy, NY
On 23 May 2004 19:33:42 -0700, user_friendly snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Bob Corcoran) wrote:
Take them to an antique dealer to get some value at least. That might pay for your renovations. What you do to your house is your business, and depends on whether you are doing it to sell, or to live in.
Bill.

http://www.oldhouse.com/buysell/index.php