Old trees aren't the only ones

Page 2 of 2
Jay responds:

I had eye surgery this morning. They put the little wristband on the side being operated on that day. Left side today. Right side last time. That's not a definer of a stupid surgeon. It's actually a pretty fair extra check that everything is where it's supposed to be. Ask the patient which side while checking the sheet. Put the bracelet on. Operate on the side the bracelet is on.
Especially in a fast practice, this kind of little touch is essential to mistake prevention, with maybe 10 people moving around, and at least 3 involved with each patient.
The stupid ones are like the surgeon who did my left knee nearly 30 years ago: after I'd been injected with liquid Demerol, and was being wheeled to the operating room, he handed me a sheet to sign giving him permission to remove my kneecap if it become necessary. It didn't but if it had, that permission sheet was worthless.
Charlie Self "Property is not the sacred right. When a rich man becomes poor it is a misfortune, it is not a moral evil. When a poor man becomes destitute, it is a moral evil, teeming with consequences and injurious to society and morality." Lord Acton

Damn!! 66th street, for a moment there I thought Vienna had grown, but a quick trip to Mapquest confirmed it still only goes up to 61st street ;)
(I know, you said it wasn't the real address) Dave Hall
Dave Hall notes:

Yeah, well...the real reason I munged the streets was the I couldn't remember the NAME of the other street. It was 55th.