Old subject - Biscuit joiners

Page 2 of 2

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Works well.
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Jim
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

It's a fine biscuit cutter. The PC is good too. Can't go wrong with either one.
I chose the PC because it included the small blade for face frame work and a box of biscuits. I have owned the Dewalt and was very happy with it but thought I would get the one that did more just in case. max

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:30:20 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

It's a solid, dependable tool that I'd buy again.
Is it a Lamello? No! <G>
The PC can do FF biscuits, but I haven't missed not having that capability. If you want to use FF's, buy the PC.
If someone reviewed the DeWalt as awful, they don't know how to use a plate joiner. There are thousands of these in pro finish carpenters trucks and woodshops around the world. It's a perfectly serviceable tool, minus the artful precision of a Lamello, or the2nd, small blade of the PC.
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:30:20 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

I had settled on either the DeWalt or the Makita 3901. At the Big E WW show, the Makita was about $5 cheaper (around $120, IIRC) so I bought it. I am very happy with it, and have since used a friend's DeWalt. There's very little difference, and I'm sure you would be pleased with either.
Barry Lennox