Old Skil sander belt size?

I have an old "Skil" model 324 belt sander, and I would like to get some sanding belts for it. The one that was on it measured 4 1/2" x 26 1/8" on the outside. I am guessing I need one 26" long, because this one could have stretched, and also I measured it on the outside of the belt (medium grit). I don't know how accurate the measurement needs to be, and I don't have an owners manual for this machine. It is a neat old sander, the motor sits parallel with the belt, and it is gear driven, just like the side winder skil saws. I am guessing this is from the 50's, and it weighs a ton. Thanks for all comments!

Reply to
ToolMiser

I don't think I've ever seen a 26" belt...21, 24, and a few others. You might try Klingspor...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

It's terrible when I reply to my own message, but I got poking around on ebay, and someone had some original belts for this sander and they were 4 1/2 x 26". But if you happen to have a manual, or other info on this sander, please let me know.

Thanks!

Reply to
ToolMiser

I have one also ,the best sander I ever owned. the only problem Skill do not support their products and no one to my knowledge makes a 4 1/2" belt anymore . I have mine made to order at ,cant remember the name ,something like klinghoffer in NC somewhere, they do all kinds of sanding stuff..

I find it is well wiorth the cost as the machine is exceptional ,I have even sanded table tops with it ....mjh

Reply to
mike hide

That's the Klingspor folk I pointed him to as probably his best bet, also...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Try Econ-Abrasives in Frisco Texas 1-800-367-4101 or

can make any belt, any size, any grit. Not to mention they are reasonable.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb