old Rockwell bandsaw

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this matter. I just received a wonderful gift. My buddy gave me an old Rockwell bandsaw. It seems to run but needs some restoration/cleanup. Is there anyone out there that knows how to find a manual to this machine, as I nor my buddy know how to arrange the belts to the pulleys? Also, are there any books on restoring old machinery available and reccomended? The only things that I know about this is it is a Rockwell 14" bandsaw, series no. 28-300, serial no. FR-4908. Cast on the arm of the machine is : 5-3-73 and LBS28. This might be the date of manufacture. I would love to get this machine back to working condition. Any help is greatly appreciated. Doug
"Doug" wrote in message

http://www.owwm.com /
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Not to mention that this saw is about 90% the same as the recent Deltas. So go to Delta's site, http://www.deltamachinery.com/ get the number for the manual, and call 'em for a copy.
Until then http://www.acetoolrepair.com/model_search_engine.asp?keyword (-300
I have a Rockwell/Delta mod. 28-200 band saw. I guess somewhere along the line Rockwell and Delta merged. I found a manual for mine on Delta's site (http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 2) but not yours. My guess is they are very close. If you have a jack shaft with extra pulleys and belts, you may have a metal cutting saw. They add the extra gear reduction to slow the blade down. I'll skip the gloat on how I got mine, but after a new motor, tires and guide blocks it works great!
Good luck!
Tom