Old delta tools

Just found out my neighbor of 18 years has an old 14" Delta bandsaw stored in his trailer in a field near his old tractor collection. It's the one with the paper "Delta double duty" tag on the top cover and the three raised fingers on the covers (890?). He also has the old short bed 6" Delta jointer on the combo stand but no table saw was with it. There is also an old Sears planer, about 8" cutterhead, open side, all cast iron, tabletop, no feed rollers (hand feed) sitting on the stand. Never seen one like it, 50s era for sure. I am going over tomorrow and give him the agreed on price of $500.00 for all. I am also getting a South bend metal lathe with a 9' bed (yep 9 feet) $2k for it. Probably paying to much.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamien

I think you're giving a fairly fair amount for the band saw and the jointer and getting a planer (it's 6"/a King Seely) and a South Bend for free. At least that's how my mind works with these things.

One thing on the band saw, Is it the open back casting? The original Delta 14" (1934ish) was not the same as the "improved" (later 30's) version and it shows in the blade adjustment controls.

Keep us posted.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100