old delta table saw

I'm looking for a part for a Delta Table Saw PM 1507. It was purchured in 1947. The part I'm looking for is TCS 234...Bracket Nut for Raising Table Mechanism. Anyone have any suggestions?
Have you tried Delta(Black & Decker) ???
http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ServiceNet/logon.asp
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

That is the first place I called. They indicated these parts had be discontinued thirty years ago. Pat Barber wrote:

I doubt that, but anyway if it's as young as you say, go over to http://www.owwm.org and sign up and somebody over there might just have the part you need.
Black & Darker decided when they bought Delta that it was silly to stock parts for machines that were over 20 years old.
This decision was the end of the road for a good many parts.
A 1947 is not really that old(59), which just happens to be my age. There are Many table saws made in the turn of the century still working every single day.
I'm not familar with a PM 1507 ...
I just searched the 1939 and 1947 catalog and neither has "anything" with the number 1507
You should see a serial number or model # Like 34-xxx would be a model #
Do you have a serial number ???
Is that a contractor saw or a cabinet saw ???
Does it SAY Delta somewhere on the machine ???
Do you have a picture you can post at Alt.binary.pictures.woodworking ???
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:26:36 GMT, Pat Barber

Good advice. Probably your only possibility.

Actually started at the consolidation of PC and Delta, when PC took over the service strategy. It was difficult to sell an understanding of the difference between the lifespan and cost impact of not being able to service, when comparing stationary industrial and portable. I doubt if B & D helped it any.
Prior to that time, it was generally when the tooling became unserviceable on very old units, and even then we would issue copies of parts drawings so that someone could have one made if they desired. That practice stopped with the close of the Tupelo Manufacturing Center.

Me either, but it is as old as I am also. I can't resolve the PM. Can't remember when letters were used in model numbers. Certainly not in my time except for the more recent use of L & R for tilt designation and BC and U for fence. For the rest of my history, it was strictly numbers. Also some of those ShopMaster units gots some letters. But all that is post PC consolidaion, and pre B & D.

The saw says Delta and is a contractor saw. It's in my Dad's shop so I don't have a picture yet. But I do have the Operating and Maintenance Instruction Sheet...from that sheet it says..Delta Machine Tools Milwaukee and then PM 1507 10" Tilting Table Circular Saw and the Serial # is 59-1634. Thanks for your response. Pat Barber wrote:

Frank worked for Delta and if he has never heard of that model, we are in for a very long search. I'll look around with that serial number...
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:06:59 GMT, Pat Barber

Lots of stuff that preceded my time, so could be. Your suggestion of OWWM probably best shot he has.

On 1 Nov 2006 10:24:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Do you have the original part, or is it entirely missing?
If you've got something to get it's dimensions from, it's possible I could machine a replacement part for you, depending on what it is.
On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:09:55 -0600, Prometheus

purchured
Raising
I am not the poster of the message, but I have the same saw with the same problem. There is a worm/screw gear that wears out on the saw. The table of the saw is raised and lowered on the unit and not the blade. This causes a lot of wear on the gears. I might be interested in what it would cost.
thanks -Lee
Is that the correct model # (PM 1507) ???