Old Delta Bandsaw Model 880 or 28-307

I will have the option to buy an old Delta/Milwaukee bandsaw at an upcoming estate sail. At this point, I have only see a picture that gives me little detail. From that picture, I am guessing that it is Model 880 or a Model 28-307. This is based on my research at http://www.oldwwmachines.com
I don't have any details but it supposedly "runs good" and they will be asking $200.
Here is the picture, any information or advice would be appreciated. http://webpages.charter.net/wyattwright/DeltaBandsaw.htm

That's a great deal for the metal/wood saw. Might also be a 28-380. I bought one of those for $65 last year (cough, drive by, cough) and it's great. Go for it.
GTO(John)
On 26 Aug 2004 09:36:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Wyatt Wright) wrote:

I recently stumbled upon a similar saw and bought it. Funny thing is it's the same color. This wasn't ever standard for these saws, was it? $200, I'd would have grabbed it.
-- John, in Minnesota

I stumbled on one today. Model 28-380. All cast iron built in 1956. $50. Judging from what I've seen so far, $200 would have been very reasonable too.
By the way, another $50 got me a 14" Rockwell Delta Radial Arm Saw. The trouble is, both are 3phase. It'll take some doing to make them usable.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (mnterpfan) wrote in message

You can probably get a VFD that will take single phase in and give you three phase out.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Wyatt Wright) wrote in

I have a similar saw (Not green, mine is grey) . $200 is a great price - grab it. Then call/write delta with the serial no. and they will send you date of manufacture and a parts breakdown. (mine was made in 1947). The multi speed flexibility is great.

I bought it tonight. Paid $225. I'm pretty sure that it is a 28-307 but I am waiting on confirmation from Delta. The sn is 84-6610.
A quick adjustment and the blade tracked fine but I lack the proper belt to run at woodcutting speeds and there were no woodcutting blades with the unit.
I will be getting a new belt and blades, clean it up and post pics and more info once I get it cleaned up.
Thanks to all who replied.
The steal of the night was an American Manufactures Brass Kettle #2 for $25. This will be an anniversary gift for swmbo in a couple of weeks. It looks a bit like this one but mine is a #2 and this is a #3 and I think a bit smaller.
http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/eronjohnsonantiques/dynapage/IP1905.htm
Wyatt Wright wrote:

The serial number makes it a 1950. Delta can/will be able to give you the exact month it was rolled off the assembly line in Milwaukee.
From the 1950 Delta Production Machine Tools catalog (this is a service Delta won't offer you) it is indeed a model No. 28-307 and would have run you $195.10 brand spanking and new with the open stand but without the motor. Proper motor (for the era) would have been a 1/2 horse Cap. Start No. 82-710 and set you back an additional $88.50. The motor control (fancy name for switch) would have been already mounted on the motor side and switched via a stiff rod running from the toggle up to the stand.
In my humble opinion, you got it for less than new retail (50's prices) and that my boy is a gloat.
For additional details visit your friendly owwm.com site.
UA100, who once knew a Wyatt Wright who made children's toys...

Thanks for the info. I gotta get me the right belt and a couple of new blades ASAP and see how well it makes sawdust. I'll contribute to owwm once it get it cleaned up.
FYI, I did drop my pants and wag my neighbors last night, but it was dark so they were spared the painful visuals.
Those old wood/metal bandsaws are very useful. I grew up with one and wish I had it now. I think $200 is a real steal. Dave
Looks like a Delta/Rockwell. Could be a Delta/Milwaukee. Hard to see the tag with the angle. You know that for two hunnert you will have to drop your pants down around your ankles and wag the neighbors, right?
UA100