Old Craftsman 10" Bandsaw

I have an old Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this tool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed in come. The trunnion is beyond repair and I have had no luck in trying to fi nd a replacement part. The model number 133.244510 and the trunnion part # 69178. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:28:09 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The 133 in the part number indicates the manufacturer: American Yard Products.
List of Sears OEM's here: http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx
A quick search doesn't find anything online except their more recent mowers and the like.
On 5/16/2014 9:28 AM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'd guess the only hope will be eBay or the like of another or one parted out--new parts for those old are made from unobtanium and would cost well over the value of the saw or a replacement of similar quality from used source.
What's actually wrong--could it be welded if took it in, for example?

If it old enough, try asking at www.owwm.org BOYD forum (bring out your dead) if any one has one for sale.
Another option is have it casting made by the Cattail Foundry in Pennsylvania. Info on them can be found on owwm.org as well.
Mike in Ohio
On 5/16/2014 10:28 AM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On Friday, May 16, 2014 9:28:09 AM UTC-5, Electric146 wrote: > I have an ol d Craftsman bandsaw that I need the trunnion for. I am trying to fix this t ool and give it to a retired guy with a very limited fixed income. The trun nion is beyond repair and I have had no luck in trying to find a replacemen t part. The model number 133.244510 and the trunnion part #69178. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the suggstions.. The part is broken between the guide and where it bolts to the table, there is also a piece missing so I doubt it will ca n be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if I don't find so mething soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy old out.
On 5/17/2014 7:19 AM, Electric146 wrote:

will can be welded. I'll probably just scrap the entire thing if I don't find something soon. I was ust trying to help the old guy old out.
I'd ask if he wants to carry on the search if you donate the carcass before just tossing it...