Old Craftdman band saw tires coming off??????????

I just changed blades on my old 12" Craftsman bandsaw, and now the upper tier won't stay on the wheel. I switched back to the blade that was on it and still have the problem. Right after start up, the tire gets pushed back, over the lip on the wheel. I have tried more and less tension, and running the blade at different positions on the wheels. A question I have is, are the tires supposed to be glued to the wheels? They don't appear to be worn out, or cracked, and don't seem loose on the wheels. Before I spray some contact cement on the tire and wheel, I thought I would ask the group. The saw is about 45 years old. I bought it used sale about 28 years ago. Thanks to all who have thoughts on this, Cliff
Over40pirate wrote:

soft, centrifugal force will lift it from the wheel ever so slightly. I have an old C-man 12" and replace the tires every few years (last time bought from Suffolk). These things tend to form a tenuous bond with the wheel and changing the blades may have jostled it a bit. Otherwise, check the wheel for cracks, chips, bends etc. Good luck.     mahalo,     jo4hn

The tires are also available from Sears. Just bought them for mine.
--
Regards,
JP

After 28 years I'd expect things to be worn. Time to get new tires. I know Suffolk Machine has them. but other woodworking suppliers should also.
I think I have the same saw, I just put new tires (no glue) on it as part of rebuilding it and it runs fine after some tweaking to get the wheels lined up. Of course, the moron who had it last, used packing tape instead of the rubber tires (that was a fun discovery).
(GLOAT) The price I paid was right, I paid $25 for that and a Craftsman Table Saw of similar vintage. So far, both work just fine after a little TLC. (END GLOAT)