Old bandsaw

I have come into possession of an old Walker Turner 12" bandsaw. Among other things I am trying to find out what size blade it takes.
Any help out there?
Richard
Richard wrote:

http://www.oldwwmachines.com /
BugBear
If you cannot find it from the previous post try the following.
1) Adjust your blade tension to a central location - away from the stops
2) Carefully measure the diameter of each wheel - at the edge of the tire. If they are exactly the same diameter, calculate the circumference of ONE and write it down,
3) Measure between the center of both hubs. This can be difficult depending on the saw. Just try to get as close as possible. You might need a helper to hold a level or square at the center point of one while you do the same at the other. If easy, just remove the table and measure.
Measurement 2) gives you the 1/2 circumference of each wheel. Measurement 3) should be doubled to give you the measurement between each blade tangent point.
Check your number with a piece of sturdy string and if you are within 1/4" or so, get a blade. By the way, if you cannot find one hanging on a card display don't dispair. Most full service tool stores make custom lengths from blade stock. In some cases they are even cheaper.
Ron

Wrap a string around the wheels, measure the string, go to the store?

I've got one too, and I'm not going to use it, so let me know if you need any parts (mine's missing some).
Allen
--
Allen Windhorn (507) 345-2782 FAX (507) 345-2805
Kato Engineering (Though I do not speak for Kato)

Adjust the tension knob to somewhere near the middle of the range of adjustment. Measure the diameter of one wheel and multiply by 3.14 . Measure the distance between the centers of the wheels and multiply by 2. Add these numbers together. That's the length of your blade.