Old B&D Drill

Pierce,
My dad gave one to my uncle for use in a WW-2 production plant, After the war my uncle gave it to me. Looks almost identical to yours except mine is 1/4". Same snap type switch and motor housing. I never use it, though it still works good, just keep it for old time sake!
Don Dando

They sure don't make them like they used to and that is a good thing. It might be a 3/8 drill but it is big enough and powerful enough to handle anything you can chuck up in it. That on-off switch is a real hazard. I think I will just clean the beast up, put a new cord on it and place it one display.
Frankendrill is what I will name it. (;>)
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:24:23 GMT, "R. Pierce Butler"

You're not kidding there- I was putting in a deck for my dad, and one of his buddies had a 1/2" Black and Decker (though it could have been a Craftsman, come to think of it) drill that looked like it was at least 60 years old with an ice auger welded to a 1/2" shaft chucked up in it. I wouldn't have believed it was possible, but we used that crazy contraption to dig 4' deep postholes in rocky clay. Wasn't easy to keep hold of it, but it was easier than a posthole digger.
Now that was a Frankendrill.

I have a few other antiques that belonged to my father as well.
I have a working Mall Saw. It is actually not a bad saw. Small and light. Blade is small, but what the heck.
I have a 1972 worm drive Skil saw. Blades are a bit tough to find but it just keeps on thiking.
There are a couple of other tools but I can't remember the names.
I will look at them tomorrow and post what they are.