old (antique) electric tools

I have a couple of old electric tools that belonged to my father.

One of which is a 3/8 Black and Decker drill. This thing is big enough and heavy enough to be a 1" drill today. The brass nameplate says "Type F" with no model number. My feeling is that it was made prior to the 1950's. It looks something like the one at

the handle is more like what is pictured at
guess is that it dates to circa 1942 and was designed to drill holes in battleships or tanks.

Interesting on-off switch. Squeeze and release and it is on. Squeeze and release again and it is off. No autoshutoff for this monster.

Anyone have any other data about this drill?

Pierce

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler