Okene oil replacement

One of my all time favorites finishes has been Okene Antique Oil by Pratt and Lambert. I have used this product for over 30 years with excellent results. The finish is applied with a small rage, the first coats penetrate, the more coats the greater the surface build up, wax the surface with 0000 steel wool and buff. The product is no longer on the market. I've tried the following, Benjamin Moore Antique Oil, Watco Danish Oil, Minwax Antique Oil, Hopes Tongue Oil, Tried and True with bee's wax, I mixed Minwax polyurethane and Minwax Antique Oil none give suitable results like the Okene. I need suggestions for a replacement. I am down the just a few ounces of Okene and need a replacement.
Thanks MGH
I've had great results using Woodcraft"s oil and urethane finish. Gene

MGH wrote:

Bad for your blood pressure.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I try not to do any wood working if I am in any rage at all. ;~)
The product is no longer on the market. I've

Not knowing what the results looked like it will be hard to suggest a replacement but I have been using General Finishes since the late 70's with great results.
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:53:17 GMT, "Leon"

I find that it's a good time to put a scrap of 2x2 or something on the lathe and make shavings... It's amazing how much calmer that makes me... of course, I stay out of the shop if I'm well oiled that night..
replying to MGH, amateur wrote:

Help, I'm in the same boat. Did you get any help? Some people have told me to use tongue oil but I have learned that some tongue oil finishes don't even have tongue oil in them. Do you know what was in Okene? An old timer told me it was tongue oil and danish oil but I don't know if that is true. I don't know where to turn. thanks, ph.

check out http://www.sutherlandwelles.com/ they sell polymerized tung oil. It is teat treated tung oil and it works great. You can also buy it from lee valley. they get it in bulk from SW and package and sell it. It is a wipe on wait 5-10 minutes and wipe off. Depending on what I am making, I apply 3-5 coats at least 24 hours apart. The more coats the better the build.
On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 9:13:07 PM UTC-5, Dan Kozar wrote:

... Discussion, .... discussion.... .... In conclusion, the best kind of tongue oil is the teat treated kind.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

--
GW Ross

I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Oops, should be heat treated, although it might be more fun to treat teats with tung oil :-)
replying to MGH, Ridelo wrote:

Hey MGH, don't know when you posted this but I too used Okene for 30 years. I finally purchased the only product suitable to go over Okene and that is WATCO Danish Oil, Natural. All other Danish oil products I looked at had a verathane in it which I did not want.
Did my first piece of antique yesterday. Used 180grit 3x sandpaper to remove a water stain and freshen up the rest of the top of the washstand. Brushed the oil on, waited 15 minutes, wiped off. Wow, I was so impressed. Love the feeling of velvet smooth once dry. I did a second coat today, same timing/process and am very happy with the results.
Not sure what you did not like about WATCO. I was also advised to buy two containers, as this product may not be easily available in the future. Since I oil my furniture every 4 years, I did. Figure I'm set for life now! Posted Sept 2015.
replying to MGH, Chungke wrote: 1/3 boiled linseed oil, tung oil and turpentine.