Okay, who's got the gloat?

Page 2 of 3

Enoch Root wrote:

Oops, the bug is I didn't read the manual:
me@mycomp:~$ units 2438 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units
You have: tempC(-31) You want: tempF -23.8 You have: ^D me@mycomp:~$
er
--
email not valid

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:01:56 -0800, Enoch Root wrote:

(snipperooni)
Looks like we gave another Linux nut in the room.
;-)
Bill
On 2/16/2006 7:01 PM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

That's because units doesn't subtract the 32. I use the older version which flat out states it will not do temperature conversion.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Odinn wrote:

The author from the man page set me straight on that... use tempF instead of degF as the function.
And it's in the man page, so consider me red.
er
--
email not valid

On 2/19/2006 11:43 AM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

Well, I guess I need to upgrade then, cuz mine doesn't recognize tempF or tempC.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Yup. They're the same at -40.
scott

The Dave Balderstone entity posted thusly:

Well, I'm south, but it's the same here.
Worst part was that I was forking hay over the fence for the horses, and was doing it right into the north wind. My face hurt. A lot.
I DEFINITELY don't miss having horses in the north. Chipping ice out of water troughs is something I never ever want to have to do again. Much better here below the Mason-Dixon line.
sunny 63 here in Baltimore can not wait for the cool weather in august!
len
I own a home in Florida and I am shoveling snow in Taxachussetts. I'm so made at myself I'm not talking to me.
Ed

Am I South of you?? *EG*..Guess I am..and still in Kanuckistan. PLUS 7 degrees Celsius.
Feels like...errrrmm.. SPRING?
Sarnia.. in the banana belt.
Robatoy wrote:

I delivered a paper at a conference in Ottawa one fine November day. It got cold and snowy rather quickly. A colleague from Japan was there with only a suit jacket; he compared latitude and figured that temps in Ottawa would be comparable to those in Tokyo. He probably learned something about inland v. seacoast. And about studying approaching fronts.     shiver,     jo4hn

Didn't look at a thermometer, but the attic fan kicked on and I'm wearing just a T shirt on top. 'Course next year I won't be in SW Fla., but in Tn. I have a hunch the winters there might not be as mild as I'm used to. Tom
Dave Balderstone wrote:

That would be me. I got an email from my local airport reminding me my currency in the Piper Arrow was getting ready to expire. I went down there this afternoon and scored a free maintenance flight. It had a minor oil leak in the prop that was going to be fixed at the maintenance base.
I like free. Two flights in severe clear weather: life is good. BTW: drove down to the airport in my shirt sleeves with the windows open.
Ask my coworkers. They will all agree I suck.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

As a pilot who will need to drag out the preheater this weekend A 3/4 mile walke each way), and who just shoveled 26 inches of snow from around the plane last weekend, I'll say it... You REALLY SUCK!
Barry
Thu, Feb 16, 2006, 12:16pm (EST-1) dave***@balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C. (Actual is -31C). SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.
Gee Dave, supposedly we had a temp of 74F today. But, the windchill factor is -20F. Make you feel better? LMAO
JOAT I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:16:26 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave

It was 19F this morning when I got up. It was about 45F this noon when my neighbor came over and asked if I were aware of the HUGE LEAK at my pump house. I noticed a drip or two around the landscaping plumbing a couple weeks ago and filed it for this summer's work. That very joint let go this morning.
I put on my rain gear, swam to the pump house, and shut the valve off in about a minute. <sigh>
SOMEBODY south of US sucks big time, Dave.
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

We're narrowing it down, at least...
From the jet stream map here <
http://www.balderstone.ca/tempmapwx_e.gif it looks like we could be
dealing with the curse of Bay Area Dave...
djb
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.

It's merely one of your cursed Canadian Clippers coming down at us, Dave. I woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, and just looked outside a minute ago. White flakes are falling. Oh, maybe your last statement WAS correct after all. ;)
It's 31.4F on the roof. I'm hoping it raises a bit SOON! Snow plays havoc with my dish. I lose both TV and Starband internet access when it builds up to about 3".
- - Let Exxon send their own troops - ------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming
No rain in 120+ days. Tom in Tucson, very worried about fire.