Okay...Bandsaws again...Bridgewood, Laguna, or Minimax

My budget has not changed, but money wasted on a machine that will not grow with my needs is not money saved. Bridgewood looks like a possible option, Laguna or Minimax are equally priced, Minimax seems best built...any thoughts...plans are for cabinet and furniture making, resawing necessary.
Bridgewood PBS-440 1595.00 Laguna LT16HD 1895.00 Minimax MM16 1895.00
These are 600-900 more than I was planning on spending, but from what I have read worth the investment...now to choose between them.
TIA

grow
option,
have
I own a 18" Laguna, and used a 16" Bridgewood that was built around 1997. I have no experience with the Minimax, and I have not kept current with the features of the current models. I am extremely impressed with the Laguna. It is a heavy duty industrial machine that has performed wonderfully. I use it mostly for resawing, and always get great results. I can not begin to figure out how many linear feet I have ran through the saw without any problems.
Bob McBreen
Thanks Bob
I think the Laguna 16 is currently on sale for $1095. Check their website for details.
Gene
I recently faced a similar dilemma, and ended up buying the 16 inch Laguna (LT16). I bought it primarily for resawing and have been delighted at its performance. I have also found that a bandsaw is a wonderfully versitile tool, and much more generally useful than I had expected.
The LT6HD is beefier and has more deluxe features than my saw, like a bigger table and a rack-pinion device for adjusting the upper guide height, but the LT16HD costs $600 more than the LT16. You can check out the differences in the models at www.lagunatools.com . Don't forget the cost of a mobility kit, about $175 (which I consider essential as my saw weighs 352 lb), and the cost of shipping, also about $175. When I added in these costs I was looking at well over $2K for the Minimax or the LT16HD, so I started looking harder at alternatives .
The LT16 is worth considering if cost is a major factor. Any Laguna or Minimax will a significant step up from a 14" Delta or Jet if you intend to a lot of resawing.
Jay

grow
option,
have
Check out Aggazani. The best of the 4.

grow
option,
have
I recently bought and LT16HD after comparing it with the LT16 some of the features make nicer, in particualar it weights about 150lbs more, I really like the rack & pinon table as it's heavy and would be a pain to hold and tighten down with out it. The HD also has a larger motor.
I haven't any problems with the motor, I think it's a marathon motor on my machine i'd have to check (As they painted the case to match the machine) I resawed a 10" piece of oak without much problems the motor seemed to handle it just fine. I haven't even noticed it getting warm, I'll check next time I use it but it certainly isn't hot or anything.
At the recent woodworking show I looked a minmax just for curiosity and it looks almost identical to my lagauna, I have no experiance with them so take with a grain of salt. But overall they looked very much the same just few minor differnces. If your comparing the MM16 to the LT16 then the minmax is much better built, but I think with LT16HD it's a toss up. They both look like very solid tools.
I liked the laguna guides the are great once they wear the blade down a little it's very smooth with little to no vibration produces great cuts with minimal drift (compared to my 14" jet)
My only grip about the laguna is the dust collection port is a strange size, it's like between 4" and 5" so nothing really fits it well. (but I can replace it)
I've also had good experiance with thier tech support, my fence came with a large ding in it, so they sent me a new one.
I chose the laguna because they cut me a deal, a free set of blades and a discount on the "mobility kit" (actually a set of wheels and a metal handle). And because I knew the name better and there other import products get good reviews as well.
At the woodworking show recently they were offering the LT16HD with the mobility kit and a resaw king blade for like $2100 or something, not a bad deal considering.

I feel your pain and went for the MM20 at $2,595 . 20" throat, 15" resaw capacity, can properly tension and use a 1" wide carbide blade, and 4.8 hp which will not bog down when cutting wet bowl blanks.