OK, Wooden Wrist Watches that work

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329082/At-oak-time--Carpenter-carves-functioning-watches-entirely-wood.html
On 5/25/2013 10:27 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329082/At-oak-time--Carpenter-carves-functioning-watches-entirely-wood.html

Saw that from fine woodworking.
I am totally impressed. Not only ware the carvings intricate, but he had to deal with expansion. I am wondering if he epoxied each piece to prevent expansion/contraction... sealing them up.
Such fine detail, so so small.
--
Jeff

On 5/25/2013 10:18 AM, woodchucker wrote:

I was wondering about the wood too. I was thinking Mesquite might work, it moves less than 2% from tree to dried. But that is not Mesquite.