OK, So How Do You Actually Test A Bunch Of Different Finishes?

Watco Danish Oil, Linseed Oil, Tung Oil
Clear Varnish
Clear Varnish with a tint
Oil Based Lacquer
Sanding Sealer or No Sanding Sealer
Gel Stain of various colors
All great suggestions, none of which I have at home - except for the sanding sealer and some Wipe-On Poly.
So how to I go about testing upwards of 10 different products without going out a buying some of each? Is there an International House Of Finishes that serves a pay-one-price brunch buffet so I can sample a multitude of options? ;-)
Yes, I being slightly facetious, but is my only option really to spend $50, $60, I don't know, $80+? on a bunch of products, most of which I'll never use?
Well, you could look around for a novice who's been baffled by finishing for a few years. Such a person might have a can or two of most of those things laying around, and then some.
Don't ask me how I know :(
On 9/14/2016 4:27 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 4:48:53 PM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:

Address, please. ;-)

On 9/14/2016 3:27 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Wood craft often will allow you to test finishes in their store on your scraps. But don't take advantage of a good situation.