OK, if not Craftsman, then who?

Hey, somebody has to grow up to be a politician....

Reply to
jtpr

My father refused to have ANY automotive work done at Sears, based on the experiences of his friends who had been ripped off.

He died in 1959.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Me too! My shop is a rainbow.

I gotz me some yellow, blue, green, red, gray, white, a different shade of gray, a different shade of blue, brown, black, silver...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Problem is, we just don't know anymore, everything could be from one big manufactuer in china and they just have different plastic moulds that come by... yellow, orange, blue, green, etc, etc.

The business of manufacture should make the interchangability of parts between (say) ryobi and ridgid (and/or bosh, and/or emerson) virtually irristable.

Although I doubt we have enough collective cohesiveness within this group to do it, but it would be cool if there were an enclopedic record of what's *inside* some of these things to help us make more informed decisions. Like a visual record of the "ingredients" because it's what's inside that counts.

I've got a Ridgid TS2400 that is clearly emerson (according to the castings) but the motor is obsured by some plastic so I can't read the specs on it (e.g. horsepower, or mfg name)

I still don't know what kind of cells are in the ryobi plus system, it would be cool if someone that had taken it apart could have snapped some pics while they had it open.

And then there was that ass-kicker that reviewed the PC 890, and decided that it should have varnished w> Folks,

Reply to
root

Your experience is far different than mine. I'll never buy another.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What on Earth can you find at a big box that isn't at a smaller store? Everytime I got to WalMart out of sheer desperation because I'm in the middle of something and need supplies at 2am, I get nothing but blank stares and answers like "nobody uses *that* anymore."

The little places are the ones who still have old bits of whatever hidden away on a back shelf. Then again, it's probably me... I'm always trying to make everything myself, and it turns out that that isn't a very common thing to do anymore. If you don't believe that, go try to buy an anvil. :)

Reply to
Prometheus