Ok, I want one!

An affordable Bridge City Tool.
The KerfMaker.
If you have most of a day to burn you can probably make one yourself. I may pay the $72.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6_S6lZKLI

"Leon" wrote:

Looks like a winner to me.
Lew

As someone who has made a thousand or so lap joints in my time, I could have saved a huge amount of time with a tool like this. I have rigged up numerous jigs. But nothing this fancy, small or accurate.
Bridge City Tool Works just be congratulated on coming out with a new tool for less than a $100.

Nice find, Leon. Looks like it works great.
It does look like a nifty tool. In the meantime, though, just rip an edge off an arbitray thickness board. Without moving the fence, place a piece of stock of the thickness you will be working with against the fence, then rip the 1st board again, holding the stock against the fence so that the piece being ripped rides against it. The strip of wood thus created on the waste side of the blade is now ready to be used as a gauge for cutting the second outer kerf of your slot.
And, it doesn't have to be calibrated before using!

Pretty damn cool.
I may try and build one...
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

By the time you pay quantity one pricing for a display and the matching electronics, you could probably by a half dozen of the finished device.
Lew

Dave,
If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.
Regards,
Al

Dave,
If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.
Regards,
Al
Very neat. The price is right too!
diggerop

Hey Al - nice job on simplifying the design and construction. http://lumberjocks.com/projects/20819

I posted my interpitation of the jig on a.b.p.w. in PDF and Sketchup. Dado Jig.
Leon wrote:

I'd really like to see your interpretation - may I beg e-mailed copies or a web URL where I could download them?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

You got mail! I sent both. I did not draw the clamping nuts or the threads on the screws however I think you can figure that out. Dimensions are pretty critical in some areas, I did not put them in but if you have Sketchup you can easily add them.

Did I send to the right address?
Leon wrote:

You certainly did!
You do nice work (and fast) :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

Oops (I forgot the most important part):
Thank you!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

OK,,,, you do know I did not build it. '~)

Your welcome!