Oil for red cedar arondack chair

I've finished my red cedar arondack chairs and am now looking into finishing them. I live in the Northwest where they will be exposed to the extreme of the elements! I am looking for the extreme in easy maintenance thought being every couple of years very light sanding and apply more oil and wipe off. I would like to just let go to the natural cedar grey but wife wants to preserve the "cedar" color...what's a guy to do?!! Anyways looking for suggestions like tung oil, boiled linseed, ect. not at all interested in anything that will "buildup" over repeated apllications like a varnish ect. thanks
Penofin oils are pretty much the standard that the pros use for exterior stuff.
Hey, can you share any pictures? I am actually trying to ramp up some production of my Adirondacks using that same material. I am really hopig I can finish all of my shaping, drilling and assmebly fixtures in time to actually sell some this season. Just had unavoidable delays.
Would love to see what your project looks like.

Me Too!!
Max

You might want to look at Fine Woodworking article "A Durable Exterior Finish" by Sean Clark.
I have been using Superdeck around the yard for the last 5 or so years. Simple to use, lasts for a few years even in our climate...Saskatchewan Canada. I will try to post a picture ( to ABPW)of a patio set I made last winter that I have Finished with "Superdeck #1901 Cedar"
Here is the link to their website.... http://www.superdeck.com/Superdeck-Products/Transparent-Stain--Sealer/index.html

BiffNightly wrote:

Where in Sask are you? I'm in Toontown.
--