Oil for model 77 type 13 Skil saw

I inherited an old Skil model 77, type 13, worm drive saw. This is the first saw that I have ever owned that has an oil reservoir. Skil on-line doesn't have a manual for the old Model 77 type 13, so I downloaded a Manual for the later model HD77M type 1, or HD77 type 17. The manual says to only use Skil lubricants. Are there alternative oils?
--
Bill

On Thu, 13 May 2004 00:33:50 GMT, Bill Schnakenberg

I've used 10W-30 in mine for about thirty-five years and it works fine. It burns a hell of a lot less of this than does my eighteen year old F-150.
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

That's what I hoped to hear. Thanks
--
Bill

Maybe, but it's not right. The official Skil oil is some kind of heavy synthetic. I believe the old specs called for 90wt non-foaming gear oil. 10W-30 is way, way too light.
Oil is cheap, gears are expensive.
GTO(John)
If I were to make a guess, 90 wt would be it. Pretty standard gear lube.

Yes or even Product # 80111 Skil Heavy Duty Worm Drive Lubricant......still available from Mr. Robert Bosch. Milwaukee's or B&D's will work just fine too.
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:

I have slick50 in mine....     Bridger