Oil for brad nailer

I have some Starrett Tool & Equiptment Oil. "An all purpose oil" Contents listed on bottle says Mineral Oil. Is this oil suitable for nailers? Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I would spend a few $ and get a bottle of air tool oil, but you could ask Starrett what they think.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Dunno about the Starrett oil, but Paslode Air Tool Oil is $3 and change for a good sized bottle here in Canada ... hardly seems worth risking a pricey tool for a few bucks.
Who knows? Why not get some oil made for air tools. It is cheap.
-j
Thanks folks. Yeh, you are right, will pick some up.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Be sure that your brand of nailer requires oil. We use the Senco brad nailer that does not.
Mike O.
Paul O. wrote:

Not all nailers use oil. For mine that do, air tool oil is cheap enough. The Starrett oil will probably be OK, but I'd probably use it for other oiling tasks.
Barry