Oil for air tools???

Page 2 of 2

On 14 Oct 2005 01:01:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

DAMN! That means a trip to town. The heavy stuff I can buy just down the road at the drugstore.:)
Mail order/online order a 16oz bottle, will probably last a lifetime for the average home hobbiest - Got my Paslode oil at HD, think it was around $7 for the 16oz size. At a few drops per use of the nailer, it will very likely still be half full when I am no longer here
John
On 14 Oct 2005 01:01:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:53:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@interoz.com wrote:

The oil for my air compressor is a non detergent oil. says so right on the bottle Can you use this stuff in the tools as well? I have a bottle of it right here.:)

That stuff can attack some paint finishes. Safe for o-rings and an excellent lube otherwise.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Is that a GM or a Ford nailer? (Need to know whether to use F fluid or not) :)
Duane Bozarth wrote:

I don't remember, it has been at least 10 years since I've had to buy some.
How about the fact it is red in color?<G>
Lew