oil based paints ban!?

Page 3 of 3

You radical republicans really ought to grow up and stop doing that to old folks.
--
Rumpty

Rumpty wrote:

but they make funny sounds as the bounce off the stairs, and don't knock eating live puppies unless you've tried it!

Richard Clements wrote:

"Wok your puppy" --Robin Williams, "Good Morning Vietnam".

--
--John
On 9 Dec 2004 06:22:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

I hear he's a giant chicken.
*collective gasp*
Any other Animaniacs fans around?

Wayne
Ba r r y wrote:

Doesn't mean anything. Jack Daniels is made in a dry county.

--
--John
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:06:30 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Right. I just find it funny when stuff like that happens.
Barry
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:06:30 -0500, "J. Clarke"

The time I toured the Jack Daniel's distillery, I was told they could make it and drink it there, they just couldn't buy it there.
brocpuffs wrote:

What station was the report on? There has been no mention of such a ban on any of the Buffalo, NY TV stations' news reports and nothing in the local newspaper. I also did a "Google" search and can find nothing.

Hi Jack,
It was broadcast on Rochester WOKR Channel 13 (ABC) on the 6PM news, maybe a few days ago.
I hope somebody made a mistake. That would sure be egg on Don Alhart's face, though!
PS I just did a somewhat superficial search on WOKR TV's page and didn't find anything!?
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
Time to lay in a few cases of my favorite varieties. And a lot of Bloxygen too. At my level of consumption, that works out to around 40 or 50 quarts to last the rest of my life. I guess that's just too much for the neo nazi environmentalists.
Does this also mean no lacquer thinner? How will I/we clean up epoxy? Will epoxy be effectively banned as well?
Maybe we'll go back to the old days of mixing our own finishes ala Stradivari.
BTW, "all oil base products" covers an enormous territory, not limits to finish applied to wood. There's also a lot of food products that are oil base or have oil in them.

As a native Californian borm prior to the start of the great depression I was raised on oil based paints and SUFFERED through the growing pains of the waterbased evolution. I've since switched to WB entirely although Sherwin Williams was still able to stock Qts of oil based quick dry varnish but not gallons. Our painter was able to use oil based paint when he painted our kitchen 4 years ago. I find WB stuff MUCH easier to use all of the way around. NOW I feel the switch from oil was beneficial!
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:54:22 GMT, Lazarus Long

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:46:33 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net"

Are there any waterbase products that function like Waterlox? I'm not partial to film finishes. That doesn't mean I don't or haven't used them, I prefer oil for a finish. Sutherland Welles tung oil finishes are very good too. Or were, I haven't had a can of that for quite a while.
I've also used waterbase. It worked o.k., but I still like Waterlox more.
BTW, I'm not in California, my area doesn't have those problems.
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:24:42 GMT, Lazarus Long

Use 2 coats of Waterlox as a wipe-on finish and it doesn't build much of a film. Degloss it with 0000 steel wool and paste wax and it gives you a baby's-butt smooth finish that simply cannot be beat, IMHO.
I'll give up my Waterlox and oil-based finishes only when they can pry them from my cold, dead hands.

The only waterborne product I use is in my kitchen. Future acrylic floor finish. Great stuff.

I had Waterlox bootl^H^H^H^H^Hshipped into the state when I lived there. Not a problem.
============================================================= Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online =============================================================